Gay Music?

A friend of mine has this theory that one can determine the sexuality of just about any man with a moderate record/CD collection by perusing his collection (for you numskulls and perverts, that means looking at his music :raspberry: ). No offense is intended towards any of these musicians in particular, though some of them are certainly offensive, or towards homosexuals, but the theory works something like this.

Any man who possesses any 2 titles by the below artists is a likely homosexual:

Abba
Air Supply
Barbara Streisand
Olivia-Newton John
Loggins & Messina
Gloria Estefan
Dan Fogelberg
Wham
George Michael
Rita Coolridge
Roberta Flack
Carole King
Hall & Oates

Any man who possesses any 2 titles by the below artists is a likely homosexual unless he also possesses at least one album by either AC/DC or Metallica.

Queen
Elton John
Billy Joel
Neil Diamond
Carly Simon (unless he bought it before 1980)
Michael Jackson
Madonna
Any soundtrack to a broadway musical (except Jesus C. Superstar, that was cool)

Any man who possesses any 1 title by the below artists is definitely gay:

Barry Manilow
Helen Reddy
Liza Minelli
Julio Iglesias
Hanson (unless the guy’s less than 12 years old)
Cher (actually, that’s not so much an indicator of gayness as of WTF?)

Anyway, you can see how it works basically. As I said, it’s just a theory and hasn’t been worked out scientifically or anything like that, but I’d be curious to hear your opinions.

Is there some truth to the theory?

If so, why? Why would a man’s sexual preference affect his taste (or some might say, lack of taste) in music? Or is it the other way around – does his taste in music affect his sexuality?

If not, what can explain why a man would have Helen Reddy, Liza Minelli or Olivia-Newton John in his record collection?

As I said, no offense intended, just curious. :s

Some of the music I like is by gay men, Erasure (one of them’s gay), Pet Shop Boys etc… :ponder:
I did buy a Liza Minelli CD (produced by PSB)
I also have the “Definate Collection” by Abba (2 CD’s and DVD of all their videos, nice flares)

I don’t have any of the stuff above but I like many show tunes. However, I only have gay fantasies about 914.

[quote=“sandman”]I only have gay fantasies about 914.[/quote]That’s perfectly normal, we all do.

Yea, but your an AC/DC fan right? That’s the exclusionary clause in that provision (despite the gayness of their name).

No gayness 'ere. As long as you forget about the sh*t load of glam rock in the cupboard.

Okay, I admit it I’m a sucker for some tight spandex rock n’ roll now and again. Am I queer?
:noway:

Yea, but your an AC/DC fan right? That’s the exclusionary clause in that provision (despite the gayness of their name).[/quote] It’s a dubious clause since they sing about ‘Big Balls’. :wink: I used to own an abba album. What BFM wrote applies to my musical tastes too. What happens if you own something like one or two Bronski Beat, The Smiths albums and a number of Metallica albums?

The Olivia Newton John is probably due to being made to see Grease too many times.

Phew! Thank GAWD. You had me worried there for a sec, thought I’d find this guy on the list.

I’m still as manly as ever.

no village people either…

I’ll sing it: “Young man, there’s no need to be proud, I said Young man…”

When this thread is done can we have one about the kinds of fried chicken and watermelon black people love to eat the most?

I mean, honestly, what is it with people looking for more ways to label gay people? Being gay means you’re attracted to people of the same sex, not that you listen to a certain kind of music, dress a certain way, talk a certain way, etc.

Ok, so I’m in a bad mood tonight, but this kind of thing always irked me. :raspberry:

Yea, but your an AC/DC fan right? That’s the exclusionary clause in that provision (despite the gayness of their name).[/quote] It’s a dubious clause since they sing about ‘Big Balls’. :wink: I used to own an abba album. What BFM wrote applies to my musical tastes too. What happens if you own something like one or two Bronski Beat, The Smiths albums and a number of Metallica albums?

The Olivia Newton John is probably due to being made to see Grease too many times.[/quote]

I guess, by this thread, that it means that you’re confused about your sexuality or sexual preference. Or that your bi.

Or maybe it means you have bad taste in music. Maybe that. Or a diverse taste in music. Or you like to switch hit. Or…

[quote=“Poagao”]When this thread is done can we have one about the kinds of fried chicken and watermelon black people love to eat the most?[/quote]Don’t forget the one about how black people drive like this, but white people drive like this.

aromadome.com/d-straight.html

boom boom boom boom hehe

Reading this thread:

[url]What are you listening to? (Part 2)

I think a lot of selections within that thread could be added to your list, save the New Pants and Johnny Cash. :unamused:

What do you think of “Queer Eye for the Straight Guy?”

I think the gay opinion on certain matters is highly respected by the some people in the hetrosexual community.

I totally agree. The fact that there is no Elton John or Joy Division , to name only two artists, on your friend’s list totally destroys his theory.

And as a long time Neil Diamond fan. My whole family likes his stuff. Are we all Gay? And what about DEVO?

The whole basis of this thread is shot full of holes…
And don’t even get me started on Johnny Cash! And the Tennessee trio.

Actually I found the list funny.

Funny? But Judas Priest didn’t make the list! It’s incomplete. Sort of a half-joke. :unamused:

I think the gay opinion on certain matters is highly respected by the some people in the hetrosexual community.[/quote]

I think it’s a load of shite. To continue my earlier analogy, you might as well have a show about black people teaching white people how to dance, play basketball and chuck spears. Respect? Yeah, sure.

I think the gay opinion on certain matters is highly respected by the some people in the hetrosexual community.[/quote]

I think it’s a load of shite. To continue my earlier analogy, you might as well have a show about black people teaching white people how to dance, play basketball and chuck spears. Respect? Yeah, sure.[/quote]

Damn Straight! (pun intended) If a person is gay, fine, If said person produces great art, excellent. However, we need not seperate art into gay and non-gay. Who cares?! It’s not relevant to the beauty that a person can create!