Gay Music?

no village people either…

I’ll sing it: “Young man, there’s no need to be proud, I said Young man…”

When this thread is done can we have one about the kinds of fried chicken and watermelon black people love to eat the most?

I mean, honestly, what is it with people looking for more ways to label gay people? Being gay means you’re attracted to people of the same sex, not that you listen to a certain kind of music, dress a certain way, talk a certain way, etc.

Ok, so I’m in a bad mood tonight, but this kind of thing always irked me. :raspberry:

Yea, but your an AC/DC fan right? That’s the exclusionary clause in that provision (despite the gayness of their name).[/quote] It’s a dubious clause since they sing about ‘Big Balls’. :wink: I used to own an abba album. What BFM wrote applies to my musical tastes too. What happens if you own something like one or two Bronski Beat, The Smiths albums and a number of Metallica albums?

The Olivia Newton John is probably due to being made to see Grease too many times.[/quote]

I guess, by this thread, that it means that you’re confused about your sexuality or sexual preference. Or that your bi.

Or maybe it means you have bad taste in music. Maybe that. Or a diverse taste in music. Or you like to switch hit. Or…

[quote=“Poagao”]When this thread is done can we have one about the kinds of fried chicken and watermelon black people love to eat the most?[/quote]Don’t forget the one about how black people drive like this, but white people drive like this.

aromadome.com/d-straight.html

boom boom boom boom hehe

Reading this thread:

[url]What are you listening to? (Part 2)

I think a lot of selections within that thread could be added to your list, save the New Pants and Johnny Cash. :unamused:

What do you think of “Queer Eye for the Straight Guy?”

I think the gay opinion on certain matters is highly respected by the some people in the hetrosexual community.

I totally agree. The fact that there is no Elton John or Joy Division , to name only two artists, on your friend’s list totally destroys his theory.

And as a long time Neil Diamond fan. My whole family likes his stuff. Are we all Gay? And what about DEVO?

The whole basis of this thread is shot full of holes…
And don’t even get me started on Johnny Cash! And the Tennessee trio.

Actually I found the list funny.

Funny? But Judas Priest didn’t make the list! It’s incomplete. Sort of a half-joke. :unamused:

I think the gay opinion on certain matters is highly respected by the some people in the hetrosexual community.[/quote]

I think it’s a load of shite. To continue my earlier analogy, you might as well have a show about black people teaching white people how to dance, play basketball and chuck spears. Respect? Yeah, sure.

I think the gay opinion on certain matters is highly respected by the some people in the hetrosexual community.[/quote]

I think it’s a load of shite. To continue my earlier analogy, you might as well have a show about black people teaching white people how to dance, play basketball and chuck spears. Respect? Yeah, sure.[/quote]

Damn Straight! (pun intended) If a person is gay, fine, If said person produces great art, excellent. However, we need not seperate art into gay and non-gay. Who cares?! It’s not relevant to the beauty that a person can create!

I’m sorry, but this is turning into another PC rant, and there is far too much of that already. :unamused:

You think so? But i’m just getting warmed up!

Seriously, being gay should have no effect on the artist. Anymore than that of being yellow, black, white or brown, of diabetes, being crippled, or having a mole on your left shoulder.

Good art is great Art, regardless of any personal characteristics of the author!

I think there’s a world of difference between Queer Eye and the list in this thread - as in one’s a bloody joke. We make fun of people of all skin colors, shapes, sizes, religions, hair colors, nationalities, what kind of car people drive, accents - why are we not allowed to make jokes about sexuality? Equality means having to take shit just like every other person on the planet.

well, OK, explain why during Gay Pride marches and Mardi Gras there are certain songs chosen for their gay icon factor? It’s not the heterosexuals telling the organisers to choose this or that cos it’s a gay icon song - it’s all the cool music.

Anyway, I think this is all getting taking a bit seriously.

Little Buddha, can you please jump in and give us your take on this?

Excellent point. Which is why I used to love “Kids in the Hall”, a CBC (Canuck) comedy series which had many gay jokes (4 of the 5 cast members were gay). They were great at playing off not only gay vs gay, but also gay vs straight. They were censored, and eventually dropped, for obvious PC reasons. Too bad, as it takes a master comedian to take the piss out of himself. And usually, that’s when comedy is at it’s best. Dave Allen et al,…

Dude, you just proved my point! It’s the music that counts, not it’s gay identity, or supposed perception of same!

[quote=“TheGingerMan”][quote=“Truant”]
well, OK, explain why during Gay Pride marches and Mardi Gras there are certain songs chosen for their gay icon factor? It’s not the heterosexuals telling the organisers to choose this or that cos it’s a gay icon song - it’s all the cool music.
[/quote]

Dude, you just proved my point! It’s the music that counts, not it’s gay identity, or supposed perception of same![/quote]
great. now hopefully we can see this for what it is, just a bit of light heartedness.

One of the best Restaurants in my home town is a fine place called “Dorothy’s”, run by a couple of guys no less. :slight_smile: Love that place.

Ok, I hear ya.

It’s just that I wish for more of a direct angle. Some of the best rock and pop music has been written by gay people, or folks who have delved therein. I’m thinking Elton John, David Bowie, Lennon, Jagger etc.

Plus, don’t take me too seriously. I’m just providing the counterpoint, that’s all! :slight_smile:

J