General Star Wars questions

Been watching the wars again this weekend. More questions. Answer them, may you?

1. When ObiWan dies he becomes a mega-Jedi thingy. How come? How did he know this? Why aren’t all the other fallen Jedi now these mega ghost jedi thingies? Loads of them died in Episode 2. LOADS! Where are they? Obi-wan can live on after he dies, but Qai Gon (sp) can’t. What’s up with that?
  2. How did Vader become a mega jedi? Is it that he was ‘saved’ when he threw the emporer over the balcony? Or is the emperor now a mega-sith? If so, why didn’t Darth Maul live on after death?
  3. Why did the emperor even die in the first place? Luke and them can levitate. Can’t the most powerful thing on the Dark Side? Vader can move himself around effortlessly. Was the emporer just knackered? And that makes wonder…
  4. Why couldn’t the emperor kill Luke more easily? Luke wasn’t the most powerful Jedi was he? I thought he was the one who brought ‘balance.’ Vader was pissing midichlorians, Luke was his diluted down son. Luke couldn’t do mad skills like killing you with his thoughts, like his daddy. Surely the emperor would have frazzled Luke in seconds. The dark side kind of come out of the whole thing looking like b*tches. Whereas in reality the emperor has single handedly (with his sith apprentice) taken control of the galaxy!
  5. Episodes 2 and 3 were a joke weren’t they? I mean, he’s gonna make them again, isn’t he?
  6. Did you see Star Wars shortened? I liked it.

And the answer to none of the above is:
A: Cos they are just films.
B: That I am sad.

How come Darth Vader grew about 2 feet taller between eps 3 and 4 ?

To answer your other questions, it’s because they’re mega jedis, the others are wussies.

David Prowse, who was the man inside the Dark Vader costume in eps 4,5,6 is a considerably bigger man (ex-body builder) than ‘what’s his face’ who played Anakin in eps 2,3 before he became Darth, wearing the Vader outfit only at the end of eps 3.

I don’t know if they are still around, but there was a large group of Star Wars junkies a while back trying to petition George Lucas to re-cut episode 1 taking out all the parts with Jar Jar Binks, and making a few adjustments to take care of missing parts that would result from such editing.

I’d sign that petition.

[quote=“Big Fluffy Matthew”]How come Darth Vader grew about 2 feet taller between eps 3 and 4 ?

To answer your other questions, it’s because they’re mega jedis, the others are wussies.[/quote]

Surely Qui-gon Jinn (Liam Neeson) was a mega jedi? Samuel Jackson and the Jedi council must be mega jedi too. Why isn’t space full of mega jedi?

About Obi-Wan being able to “live” after he dies, I had read on a Star Wars message board over a year ago that one of the novelizations reveals that Qui-Gon had learned how to do it and that he eventually teaches Obi-Wan. There may be a reference in Epidsode 3 to this. When Yoda and Ben are on the Tantive IV, Yoda tells Obi-Wan that he still has more training to do. Yoda’s comment is more specific, but that’s all I can recall right now.

I hadn’t, but I just watched it.
Funny stuff. :slight_smile:

Part 1 - 8:54
Part 2 - 9:42

David Prowse, who was the man inside the Dark Vader costume in eps 4,5,6 is a considerably bigger man (ex-body builder) than ‘what’s his face’ who played Anakin in eps 2,3 before he became Darth, wearing the Vader outfit only at the end of eps 3.[/quote]Yes, I know that. I probably wouldn’t have noticed if I hadn’t know he was played by a midget. I mean in real life. His legs are robotic, so they couldn’t have grown.

David Prowse, who was the man inside the Dark Vader costume in eps 4,5,6 is a considerably bigger man (ex-body builder) than ‘what’s his face’ who played Anakin in eps 2,3 before he became Darth, wearing the Vader outfit only at the end of eps 3.[/quote]Yes, I know that. I probably wouldn’t have noticed if I hadn’t know he was played by a midget. I mean in real life. His legs are robotic, so they couldn’t have grown.[/quote]

Sorry, you lost me. Who was played by a midget in real life? I’m not sure what you mean.

Qui-Gon discovered how to return. Yoda taught Obi-Wan how to commune with Qui-Gon. “In your solitude on Tatooine, training I have for you.”

JUst as Yoda’s vision was clouded by the Dark Side, in the end the Emperor’s vision was clouded by the good side of the Force. “Strange that I have not.” He couldn;t predict his own defeat, much less by Darth Vader.

Luke WAS a powerful Jedi, so he wasn’t killed easily. Perhaps the Emperor was just torturing him. But he was also on the verge of dying and would have had Vader not intervened.

[/quote]5. Episodes 2 and 3 were a joke weren’t they? I mean, he’s gonna make them again, isn’t he?[/quote]

It’s a matter of taste, I expect. For me they ranked, rom best to worst: 5, 4, 3, 2, 6, 1.

Never seen it. What is it?

The emperor must have given him longer legs during reconstructive surgery!

Chris - See my post. I linked to it. It’s well worth watching.

[quote=“Mer”]Sorry, you lost me. Who was played by a midget in real life? I’m not sure what you mean.[/quote]I mean Hayden what-his-name is a midget compared to David Prowse. They should have got a 6’6.5" foot person (with the voice of James Earl Jones) to play him for continuity.

Duh…sorry, now I’m with you.

Ya. I agree.

Also, originally James Earl Jones was not even part of the imagined finished product. I remember an interview bit with Lucas saying that it just wasn’t enough with Prowse delivering Vader’s lines during shooting and they knew they had to do something more. I can’t imagine Darth Vader’s voice without James Earl Jones.

[quote=“Mer”]Also, originally James Earl Jones was not even part of the imagined finished product. I remember an interview bit with Lucas saying that it just wasn’t enough with Prowse delivering Vader’s lines during shooting and they knew they had to do something more. I can’t imagine Darth Vader’s voice without James Earl Jones.[/quote]If you heard David Prowse’s real voice you would understand why he was dubbed over. His West Country accent doesn’t sound very “evil”
Here he is doing another character that he’s famous for: youtube.com/watch?v=4WDUdebqDEs

When the Vader mask was put on in Revenge of the Sith and he James Earl Jones’s voice came out, I went all ooooooo…

I have, but it was kind of a sound-stage raw cut thing.

There’s no way it would have worked.