Geocities Website Problem

I’ve been having problem with my Geocities web page, and I have no idea what the deal with it is. I’m a novice when it comes to making web pages, so I use Netscape Composer to design my web page, and the Geocities FTP thingy to upload my files. For text files and certain images that I used on my web page before I came to Taiwan, I have no problem. But when I upload new images and pics from my digital cam, they don’t show up on my page, they just show up as an error (yes, I know how to use “refresh” … there’s just an empty little box with an “x” in it where the image is supposed to be).

Is this a problem with using Geocities’ FTP thingy (which I didn’t use back in the States, I always used WS/FTP) or is it something else? I can’t for the life of me figure it out. Uploading new text and stuff has no problem.

Can anyone help?

Your html is pointing to the wrong location. For instance file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/he_dawei/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/new_027.gif. I’ll assume that all of the pictures are pointing to your hard drive and not the folder on your website. After you edit that (the imgae tags) in the html and reupload it (your “txt” or html file I presume), everything should be fine.

You want to change the SRC=test.gif part. Here’s a little somethin’ somethin’ on that.

Thanks, Miltown Kid! I just updated it like you suggested. Go check it out if you don’t mind and let me know if it works and whether or not you can see the little “new” and “updated” logos. Thanks! :smiley:

At first I thought you didn’t do anything, then I realised I needed to hit the refresh button. It all looks good now.

Thanks a bunch! Now there’s lots more fun stuff I can do to my web page! :smiley: :notworthy: