George Floyd 2021 and trial

There’s been a downgrade. It’s now WaPo Lie Factory.

[quote=“QuaSaShao, post:630, topic:204038, full:true”]

Democracy dies in darkness. Which is their goal.

1 Like

Yep. Funny how they see no irony in their slogan.

3 posts were split to a new topic: Police killing of Ma’Khia Bryant

A somber assessment and review of the trial by the Minnesota AG

1 Like

I’ve know Elie since his days as a reader/commenter (i.e., before employment) at Above the Law 14 years ago. If there is a dumber or more racist Harvard Law graduate out there, I’ve never met him.

I wasn’t impressed.

Finding other ways to police besides shooting first, and better training. Before you say it cannot be done, consider the Newark police department had ZERO shootings in 2020. If that can be done in Newark, it can be done anywhere in the country.

Too bad there is no such thing as a "Fetanyl Floyd’’ case.

If so, you are most like the only American that knows about the event that doesn’t have one. In fact, on a website of people doing nothing but giving opinions constantly, how does this of all cases end up the one we ignore. Wasn’t the preferred outcome?

You never met Cancun Cruz while you were out there?

1 Like

The appeal already case shows signs of life.

1 Like

Eh. You can have opinions on topics and be seated on a jury - you can actually even be (or at least try to be) impartial (as much as anyone else with their individual biases can be impartial) - it’s up to the lawyers to weed you out.

The article is also shit, claiming:

In a Facebook post dated August 31, 2020, Brandon Mitchell was pictured (seen below) wearing a shirt with the words “Get your knee off our necks” and “BLM,” which is short for Black Lives Matter. This would directly contradict his claim that he had no prior knowledge of the case.

All the quotes in their article from jury selection asking him about the case are about the civil case, so no, it doesn’t directly contradict his claims. I’m not familiar with the Post Millenial, bug given how they make shit claims in an article, shot down by quotes they themselves provide, I assume they’re probably a shit site. amiright?

IDK. I don’t vet sites.

It’s just something going around in the news now dude. Doesn’t mean I think it holds any weight. Like I said

Although I should’ve added “early.”

Fair enough. You presumably read the articles you post and see that their claims are not supported (and in this case, contradicted) in the article though.

Sure, and I also see the story making the rounds…that’s when I usually put up the nearest one. I’m not the Huffington Post. That’s why I never get the oooooooooh THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT site “argument.” lol

The news is the news if the facts are there. This guy wore a BLM shirt…no big deal. This guy MAY have lied during jury selection…a slightly bigger deal, wouldn’t you agree?

Addendum:

He stated last week that he saw jury duty as a means to “spark some change.”

Yeah, so that is even more interesting. Is that what HE did? Did he go in with this secret idea to spark some change? What change, counsellor? What spark?

I don’t think they made any claims, did they? Not sure what to think

I mean, everyone may have lied - in the absence of any evidence (and this article doesn’t provide any), no, not really anything of a deal.

Does it matter? I’m not aware of any laws against juries sending a message (if laws are otherwise not broken).

They claim:

In a Facebook post dated August 31, 2020, Brandon Mitchell was pictured (seen below) wearing a shirt with the words “Get your knee off our necks” and “BLM,” which is short for Black Lives Matter. This would directly contradict his claim that he had no prior knowledge of the case.

They claim wearing a BLM shirt directly contradicts he had no prior knowledge of the civil case. So that’s a bullshit claim. Beyond that, they seem to want you to jump to the conclusion that he claimed to have no direct knowledge of the Floyd case - what else would they be claiming is directly contradicted - so bullshit claims, that seem intended to mislead.

OK, good point

1 Like

A juror on the Derek Chauvin trial who told the court that he had no prior knowledge of the George Floyd civil case was photographed last August wearing a shirt that read “Get your knee off our necks” and “BLM.

Some, obviously, may disagree. :idunno:

Explain to me how wearing a get your knee off our necks or blm shirt directly contradicts his claim that he had no prior knowledge of the civil case?

I think this is what you’re focused on, yeah?

IDK. I have no opinion myself. I guess we’ll have to wait and see.