George Foreman grill

A couple of days ago I borrowed my wife’s scooter and the suspension broke. It’s an old piece of crap scooter, but my wife wasn’t too pleased and told me to consider losing some pounds.

Hence my question: has anyone recently seen the George Foreman grill in stores? Bonus points for sightings at Costco - then I could just get it when I go to pick up a couple of cases of eggnog.

Now there is a name I have not heard in ages. I would need to go back in a time machine and visit the Ghost of Xmas Sharts Past.

Behold The Griddler

Think they were discounted instore recently, might still be.

2 Likes

Those cases of eggnog might be a bit counterproductive. :2cents:

1 Like

This may be highly OT, but since dietary fat has nothing to do with your built-in flab reserves , you could save yourself a few $ …

If you really want to get one, the Cuisinart one looks the business.

1 Like

I brought mine from Canada. Couldnt find one here either.

Look at pictures of Foreman when he was fighting Frazier and Ali. Fit, slim, muscular. Then, look at pictures of him when he came out of retirement and put his name to a supposedly weight reducing grill. Fat as.

Draw your own conclusions.

1 Like

I also brought mine from the states.

Shopee has some though:

https://shopee.tw/search?keyword=george%20foreman

BTW, just don’t try to grill any glue.
Purple Glue Sticks vs George Foreman Grill

1 Like

Or your foot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkN6OV-ueTQ

1 Like

Christmas without eggnog is like CNY without traffic jams.

Honestly, money is not a concern here. I’m just buying the piece of shit to show some action, lest my wife put me on a diet of salad and greens.

It’s your money of course, but why not just lose some weight instead of going through the motions and wasting money on something that will probably have the opposite effect … and then the missus will still put you on a diet of salad and greens. You’re burning through 5K to put off the inevitable instead of spending it on beer.

Put it this way … there aren’t many people in the world who say, “I wish I didn’t have such great-looking abs, it really makes my life so much worse.”

Honestly, this is the only reference I have for this device.

1 Like

CNY without traffic jams would be good. So, Christmas without eggnog would also be good.

2 Likes

I have one. Gift from my aunt years ago (15?).

Want to buy a used one? If so, can ask the old lady (my wife) if she will part with it…

Has been used about 10 times.

Check for foot residue…

2 Likes

Sure, if you want to grill French surrender filets.

Let me guess … the American version blasts your steak to a unrecognizable, carbonized husk; plants a little paper Stars and Stripes on the top; and comes with a guarantee that you will like the result better than any other steak, or there will be … trouble.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbnhgi-bW_0

Come to think of it, I suspect Cuisinart is made in China.

They sell a few similar versions like the Cuisinart, but you’d have to import it. The ones sold on Shopee and Ruten are usually not stocked in Taiwan. The seller orders it from abroad and then re-ships it to you. It’s cheaper to import one yourself, even if you have to pay customs duties.