German restaurant in Puzi/Chiayi county

My gf and I have opened a small German restaurant in Puzi, near the Jiayi county government. I know this is not quite a centre of foreign activity on the island, but it happens to be the place where we are currently living. So if this does not seem too far away and you feel like trying a bratwurst, perhaps with fried or mashed potatoes, or maybe some potato dumplings or German pudding, then you are welcome to drop by.

Due to my daytime job we can only open in the evening, 1800-2100, and Saturday is off. Btw, all meals are available in a vegetarian version. An overview of our offerings (Yes, I know, the photos aren’t the best…) and a map can be found here:

[url]http://txw.dl7und.net/[/url]

PS: Sorry, that site is Chinese only for now…

Good luck, looks good, but not exactly in my neighborhood, not that I’m saying that’s a bad thing or anything.
Hopefully things will work out for you and you’ll be able to do it full time soon enough.
Judging by the pictures, it looks better than a lot of stuff I’ve seen up here in the “big city” that’s been called German food.
Just one question, where the heck did you find a waffle iron on this island?

dl7und
Howdy neighbour. I live in Taibao too. Every time I look at your website my computer crashes. Could you put the address on forumosa?

Edit: no problem, switched to firefox and it works.

Thanks for the wishes!

I didn’t. (I guess you mean a cone iron, not a waffle iron - those are available.) We searched everywhere, but there just isn’t such thing as a cone iron on this island. First I thought of getting one from Germany, but the voltage… So we searched through US listings. They do of course not ship here, so…

Let’s just say I hope they will not break any day soon, but we got backups anyway…

Oha, I hadn’t expected any foreigner to live there… I actually live a bit closer to Puzi, on the 168. And for the browser: Sorry, the site was a quick job with iWeb. It may not work with IE6, but that’s a dinosaur anyway…

Sorry, that would by my Swedish, we call those kind of cones for waffles (due to the pattern) while the kind you get in McD here (the lighter kind) are cones.
Still, I’m curious as you didn’t really explain where you got it from in the end… :smiley:
Anyhow, we all have secrets here so… :wink:

Oh, no secret at all, just a hassle: We did it the Taiwanese way. You can find offers for all kinds of services in local BBS - the terminal kind, not web. One of the services is that people going abroad or living there may bring/send something back. You have to contact one and haggle over the details.

So we got someone living in the US to buy the irons at Amazon and send them over, and we transfered the money into a local account. It does not work for all kinds of products and is not always what one would consider cheap (one of the two parcels got taxed), but if you really need something then this might be a way.

Rant: It’s always nice to see global corporations calling for more globalisation, and then to sell their goods only locally…

I moved from Germany to Puzi for 8 month.
Will it be open again ? On your web page it says that is not open any more.

Sorry, yes, Easter was the last time we opened. There just were not enough customers in this area. It was pretty crowded the last week, but that was just one week.

But that’s OK. We had expected this. Had the restaurant indeed taken off here, then we would have continued to run it, despite the “master plan”. Now we just follow that plan: I have quit my daytime job(s) here and we are now moving to Gaoxiong. Wait another month and we will open there again. House is rented, website is being prepared, and by the end of the week we will have moved down there.

So, sorry, if you want to drop by again, there will be a few more kilometres to drive… :stuck_out_tongue:

I liked the food at your restaurant last time I was there. So please let me know, once your restaurant is open in GaoXiong.
I will then visit you with my family. My wife got another twins. Therefore we are now five people and I would like my children also know the food of their father’s home.

No problem, just give us about a month… :smiley:

Congratulations!

Didn’t you want to take them back anyway? But no problem, we can help you train them for German food… :smiley: