German restaurant in Sanmin

[url=http://tw.forumosa.com/t/german-restaurant-in-puzi-jiayi-county/50212/1 have moved from Jiayi county to K-city and now reside in Sanmin, though in a somehow not-so-Gaoxiong-like area. The name is still the same - “同享屋 / Mal anders”, but our menu is a bit more extended now.

We still offer genuine German cuisine, not taiwanised, americanised, italianised or whatever. So there is no pork knuckle (And this will only change after I’ve seen all local restaurants in the area offering Beijing duck.), but several kinds of sausages, including vegetarian. (though these are MiT) You can bring along a vegetarian friend and he/she can still eat our regular dishes, just with different sausages. This is not a pub style restaurant, but we have a few beers on our menu now. Talking of style: Your children may perhaps find the place interesting…

The website URL is still the same, though now with different content. Just pick your language (if your browser didn’t for you) and see if there is anything suitable for you. Location (We have files you can feed into your navigator.), time etc are all on the website. If you like to know anything that is not on there, just ask here.

Congrats and welcome to K-town! You might also want to post your restaurant info on the 2 Kaohsiung sites.
Kaohsiung Insider and Kaohsiung Living. You will have to become a member to post but it will certainly help get the word out about your restaurant to the foriegn community.

Thanks! I already registered at the Kaohsiung Insider, found it mentioned somewhere, but didn’t know the Yahoo group. I hope they let me in without one of their mail accounts…

Maybe it is just me but I can not help but be highly cynical about those 2 other web sites.
Kaohsiung living is cluttered with endless repeated posts of junk advertising things that no one wants. It also seems very buxiban centric. I am not sure about other places but in our restaurant I would guess more than half of our foreign customers are in no way connected with English language cram schools. For us at least I would guess German and Japanese are our two biggest nationalities for foreign customers.
The other (Kaohsiung insider) site is even worse. I can not help but wonder about places that have lots of positive posts from people who have only ever made one post. Our restaurant might seem to have a pretty terrible name on that site, but I think the fact that we can sometimes do more than 600 covers in a day where as some of the places with great ratings on it struggle for customers at any time says something… Could it be the owners are spending a lot of their free time writing positive posts? No of course that would never happen on the internet… Of course I might be biased given the Kaohsiung Insider site was pretty negative about us, but I think it counts for something that with Forumosa at least you can easily see if posts reviewing a location come from people who have been regularly contributing for a long time or are one off glowingly positive posters. I doubt I have some business induced bias against Kaohsiung Living because I am not aware of any negative comments on it about our place.
Also I can’t help but think much of what is on Forumosa is better thought out when people on it (Kaohsiung insider) complain about things like “one of the bosses spoke Chinese to my Taiwanese friend, not English”. Hmmm one of the owners is German and speaks Chinese just as well as he speaks English and the other (me) tends to spend a lot of the time in the kitchen…
The bottom line is also that in the South you definately need to build up a local customer base if you are to do really well, so don’t be too woried about a few English language sites. If you have a Chinese language web site (I see you already do) that is really more important than an English one.

I added the Restaurant to the food section of Deutschland.TW . Will give it a try if I ever take the HSR that far south :sunglasses:

Hmm, when I first saw it I found it a bit “empty” and was surprised that this should be an important site for Gaoxiong’s foreign community… Now I’m waiting that some day someone will come along and “approve” what I wrote by “reviewing” us…

I see getting registered on a few sites mainly as a way to let people know of our existence. We have our own site, we don’t need to rely on others to publish news and other informations, so it’s just telling people that we are here - and improving our page rank… :smiley: If people want to know whether a place is good or bad they may search anyway, and then they usually find a number of blog posts…

Perhaps someone who has seen the “No Chinese” sign in a buxiban just a few times too often… Talking of language: Our first (printed) menu was only in Chinese and German. Chinese because it naturally is the local language, and German because - well, we are a German restaurant, aren’t we… It was funny when a SA friend navigated through the menu, trying to bring up old memories of German classes…

Talking of Forumosa: Today the first two Forumosans dropped by. That was quick…

Yes, so far most of our customers are Taiwanese, many even from our area. Since I am a language person originally, and the CMS I am using allows real multilinguality in its recent incarnations, I will probably extend this game and add at least Japanese later. But most visitors are zh_TW, and there I have to write the most extensive explanations…

Thanks! So that was your site…

You know, it’s really not that bad. We may not have Westphalia ham here, but we have electricity (someone probably tapped into the HSR), the sun is shining, and it is not especially windy. It may be better than some places up north… :smiley:

Just wanted to update those interested: We have a new website, with new content, running on a new CMS, but of course on the same URL. The site now shows all our offers and does so in more detail than the previous site, so you may get a better overview of what we offer. We also have one more language now, but that may not be of interest for most readers here…

Everyone is of course welcome to visit not only the website, but also our place in the real world… :smiley: