German unemployment and Muslim diversity

OECD study: positive development in the employment situation for immigrants in the past ten years - temporary agency work as an important driver of integration.

The Germany evaluation of the study “Integration of Immigrants: Indicators 2018” by the Organization for Economic Development and Cooperation (OECD) presented today has produced encouraging results . Accordingly, the employment situation for immigrants has developed very positively in the past ten years. In the group of those born abroad, the employment rate increased from 59 to 67 percent between 2006 and 2017, not least thanks to the good economic development. At the same time, the gap to the population born in Germany has narrowed and is 8.7 percentage points lower than in many other target countries of migration such as Austria, France or the Netherlands.
A key driver for the economic integration of immigrants was temporary work, because the personnel service providers were able to write remarkable success stories and the industry has achieved above-average results. The latest figures from the Federal Employment Agency (BA) confirm this: More than 28,200 people seeking protection from the eight most important non-European countries of origin of asylum started their work at a personnel service provider between August 2017 and July 2018. As a result, more than a third of the 79,500 refugees who were able to end their unemployment during this period with employment that was subject to social security contributions found employment in temporary employment. This offers immigrants a real opportunity to enter the labor market.

1 Like

This is very odd. Statista is widely respected, so I’m confused as to how their figures are so different to the official figures. Do you know if they are including different groups than the government?

Either way, Germany’s unemployment is the lowest for almost 40 years using either set of stats - which seriously weakens the entire premise of this thread.

3 Likes

That’s about to rise dramatically.

Why?

I wonder was it a split off from another thread and if Mr @Super_Fire was intending to set out a defensible thesis?

In any case German unemployment is at a historic low. Germany Unemployment Rate

Which is all six of one and half a dozen of another seeing as how 59.543% of all statistics are made up on the spot anyway.

How many do you have?

It was 10% in the 90s and early 2000s until the Hartz reforms.

Yep, they’re around 3% now. They’ve kept wages stagnant to be more competitive with their exports.

This was the point I was trying to make originally, giving both sides of the story.

1 Like

There’s a lot more to it than that too.
Irish people and the Irish government are smart at playing soft power and also very highly educated. High minimum wages. Also open minded. Germany takes advantage of EU membership so does Ireland.

Also Ireland is experiencing a pretty big IT and Finance boom over the last couple of years and the local economy is very much flying again.

So to summarize , be like Germany and Ireland.:grin: Don’t be a begrudger.

1 Like

¯_(ツ)_/¯

Yes it’s perfectly legal and appropriate.
Dont know what the butthurt is about.:grin:

Also is that ad real or fake news?
There’s no such agency as Irish Tax Agency.

The Irish tax agency are actually called The Revenue Commissioners.

The agency responsible for promoting investment in Ireland is the IDA.

Legal: yes. Appropriate: no. Apple and Amazon should pay their taxes where they earn the money.

Ooh yes! It seems like it’s an activist website. Touché.

Ah so you are promoting fake news.

Boo.

The actual corporate rate is around 12.5%. Then the multinational corps shovel the money off through a bunch of other countries to further reduce it.

Apple got a special dodgy deal, I don’t agree with that and I hope that they have to pay the taxes owed (but the Irish govt officially ‘doesn’t want the money’, it’s pretty bizarre)

The Irish tax system is only one part of a global system of taxes which European and international companies use to reduce their tax burden. Holland does this (it’s called the double Dutch or something), Luxemburg does this and the UK does a lot more through its network of overseas territories . At least Ireland is also a real hub for IT, finance and pharma. As a country on the edge of Europe with few resources it has nothing to be ashamed of .

1 Like

12_jpegd18bb1d41b0c3d10a454ebd04f604d7e

2 Likes

lowest in the EU?

nah, they’re a bunch of drunks who’ve never made a car in their lives. They couldn’t even properly kick the Brits off their island.

1 Like

I assume you are taking the piss :sunglasses:…Also Delorean was made in Ireland.:grinning:

Touché again… (but wasn’t that Northern Ireland?)

Same thing in my book.
I think some Fords used to be made in Ireland.
Of course Henry Ford’s father was from the auld sod. Not that any of this is relevant .:grinning:

1 Like

EIRE is a clear economic success story. If they get themselves into another property bubble things might change. In general, I’d rather have the Irish guy in charge of the UK than the guy we have now.

2 Likes

Officially the unemployment rate is around 3 percent.
Well, that number is for the book only as it only included those relying on “Arbeitslosengeld” (which means being jobless within the last 12 months).
After those 12 months (well very few exceptions do exist) you change into that famous “Harz4” which is similar to social welfare and interestingly do NOT count for the official unemployment rate !
Current numbers are roughly 750k on Arbeitslosengeld and 3.9 Million (!!) on Harz4.
So please do the math for the actual truth !

Also there are ten of thousands of people who do fall theoretically into the Arbeitslosen group, but the government put them into trainee programs etc. Those people also are excluded from the official unemployment rate.

I have no idea how other countries are numbering their jobless rate, but the sad true fact is that 15 to 20 percent of the German workforce are (partly willingly) without work.
And its current government is keeping pushing for low wages etc.
No one is openly admitting the country will face a crash. The financial market is flooded with cash to keep the debt in control.

I have absolutely no idea why people / other countries still considering Germany an economic powerhouse.
That’s maybe true regarding exports, but within Germany it will be sadly just a question of time until the situation will explode.
The recent and still ongoing flood of illegal migrants adds another fuel into the whole situation (but that’s a complete other story)