Germans leaving country to escape unemployment

[quote=“Dangermouse”][quote]We

But Prussians are so boring, we need more Bavarians and their lederhosens :stuck_out_tongue:

I found this site. It sums up the Germans pretty acurately
americangirlsareeasy.com/book/german_men.shtml

[quote]Germans are an uptight breed and they have a rule for every occasion. When there aren’t any rules to follow, they’re happy to make up a few. If you’re surrounded by Germans, you’re likely to hear the phrase, “Noooo, it is not possible,” repeated several times. Many things are impossible in Germany. It is impossible to change plans after they’ve been made, to make funny jokes, to smile at a stranger, to help an old lady across the street, to prop your feet on an empty seat in the train and a variety of random things you normally wouldn’t think twice about doing.

Sometimes Germans make these “rules” just to argue with you. A German man thinks arguing is fun. Just argue back for a while and before you know it you’ll have him laughing (maybe) and buying you a beer for being such a good sport.[/quote]

Agree with the olive branch sentiment of your post, but the quoted statement above is simply not true.

[quote=“spook”]“Germans . . . germs . . . Germans . . . germs . . . ? Hmm . . . I wonder which came first.”
– Homer Simpson[/quote]

Sp-erms!

Agree with the olive branch sentiment of your post, but the quoted statement above is simply not true.[/quote]

You’re just mad because of this:

Percentage of Americans who know who the prime minister (prime minister?) of Canada is: 8%

Percentage of Americans who know what the capital of Canada is: 21%

:slight_smile:

And just for the record I’m one of the few Americans who knows the answer to both without having to look them up:

Prime Minister MacDoogle or Mac-something and in even years, Vancouver, and in odd years, Toronto.

I liked Trudeau…his early comic strips were quite entertaining.
And I actually have stories about Maggie, an island in the Caribbean and a famous rock band.

And everyone knows Canada doesn’t actually have a specific capitol city. They rotate it around for …diversity.

I think its in Kelowna this year. A really nice place.

[quote=“spook”]And just for the record I’m one of the few Americans who knows the answer to both without having to look them up:

Prime Minister MacDoogle or Mac-something and in even years, Vancouver, and in odd years, Toronto.[/quote]

And doing a HECK of a job he is, too.

Much better than that Mayor McCheese experiment a couple years ago, that didn’t work out for shit…guy couldn’t even speak FRENCH fer Chrissakes…

Look for Le Bonhomme du Neige in the next elections, once they figure out how he can execute office in the summer months…

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]I liked Trudeau…his early comic strips were quite entertaining.
And I actually have stories about Maggie, an island in the Caribbean and a famous rock band.

And everyone knows Canada doesn’t actually have a specific capitol city. They rotate it around for …diversity.

I think its in Kelowna this year. A really nice place.[/quote]

My, my, my. So much ignorance, so little time.

Like most Americans, I consider myself an expert on Canadian history and current events but in my case it’s true. I’m even considering starting a lecture series for Americans called “Canada for Dummies” in order to clear up all the misconceptions about our neighbor to the north.

For example, I happen to know that in the Canadian language, there is no “oh” sound. They use “aa” for everything so there is no word “capitol.” It’s “capital.”

One thing I’m a little hazy on though is the electoral system ‘up there.’ Do they actually have national elections or does the Queen of England appoint the Prime Minister?

Maybe some Canadian people here could fill in that last remaining gap in my expertise for me.

[quote=“spook”][quote=“TainanCowboy”]I liked Trudeau…his early comic strips were quite entertaining.

I think its in Kelowna this year. A really nice place.[/quote]

My, my, my. So much ignorance, so little time.

Like most Americans, I consider myself an expert on Canadian history and current events but in my case it’s true. I’m even considering starting a lecture series for Americans called “Canada for Dummies” in order to clear up all the misconceptions about our neighbor to the north.

For example, I happen to know that in the Canadian language, there is no “oh” sound. They use “aa” for everything so there is no word “capitol.” It’s “capital.”

One thing I’m a little hazy on though is the electoral system ‘up there.’ Do they actually have national elections or does the Queen of England appoint the Prime Minister?

Maybe some Canadian people here could fill in that last remaining gap in my expertise for me.[/quote]

Candidates for Prime Minister are chosen via a multi-level round robin Caps tournament, with initial participants selected by way of a limited series of special lottery tickets hidden in selected Swiss Chalet 1/2 chicken dinners (Drive-Thru ONLY, dine-in customers are not eligible, a skill-testing question must be answered prior to selection).
Popular misconceptions to the contrary, curling skills and Charlie Farqhuarson trivia knowledge play no part in the process, whatsover, since the Meech Lake Accord.

Yes, I can say without a doubt Americans can gratify themselves better than the rest of you bitches :sunglasses: and you might catch this in a magazine or two but I hardly doubt you

Why are Brits so obsessed with self-gratification? I mean, their favorite insult is “wanker!” And they think that “cunt!” is an insult. I like cunts. British fear of cunts explains why they’re wankers.

Not that the American obsession with motherfucking is all that healthy.

[quote]DM -
So the last few weeks you’ve met a few jerk-heads who happened to be American…hoo hum. It happens. Nobody ever said all Americans were prizes…and guess what…they ain’t. BFD.[/quote]

Actually, I think it’s Taiwan and the Americans that come here.

[quote]Apart from yourself, 99.99% of the people you meet could give a rats ass less about your opinion of:

1. Your belief in G-d, a supreme being or whther you like cheese.
  2. who wants to be the worlds “policeman” or whther the friggi’ world even deserves a “policeman”
  3. whether you like America’s actions in Iraq, Afghanistan, Iran or Tai-f*kin-wan.[/quote]

Don’t get me wrong, I like to discuss these things alot, but apart from a select few Americans who I have met and actually see on a regular basis, I seem to be a nodding dog, agreeing with things I don’t agree with because I’m worried about getting my head ripped off should I dare to disagree.
“You’re either with us or aginst us.” (We havn’t heard about middle ground yet).

Of course, and I’d be the first (and have been on many occasion) to have a go at us Brits for the stupid things that we do most of the time.

I have to disagree on this point. I don’t think it looks like this from my point of veiw. Most non-Americans I come into contact with have a generally positive view of the US. US citizens shouldn’t be held responsible for what their country does.
However, in some respects - especially through Americas incredible greed - one you can’t deny exists - many countries around the world do suffer from this and their citizens thereof feel compelled (not obliged) to have a rant.

I think so too.

Before I set foot on this island I didn’t really have much to say. Now, well…

Don’t worry.

What I find is that many Americans can’t handle criticism about their own country - even if it’s just piss taking. Call it patriotism, call it what you want. Criticisim of the United States is valid and it IS the rest of the worlds business and this is because the United States has made it that way. I think that if Americans want to open up a conversation about world affairs and affairs regarding their own country then they should be open to criticism and personal view points which do not match their own.
I have to say that when conversations crop up about US politics with most Americans, especially in Taiwan, there is a look of absolute disgust if I happen to disagree with them. I can’t agree with everyone so now I usually do the “nodding dog” routine and stick it out until the conversation ends and I can go home.

America has given the world a lot of excellent things over the last 50 years and I think the disadvantages have to be weighed against the advantages. I really do think America is a kick-ass country.

However, on this forum and especially in IP, the topics usually often centre around the US and its policy. Therefore it naturally follows that talk of America will occur and not all of it can be good.
If Italy was the country in question, the same rules would apply.

How did you know I’d had an accident?

Get yourself some coffee,

Adam

Now I heard that the Germans are not only leaving, they’re taking their Wingmen with them!!!

Now I do not get the joke again, which wingmen?

Anyway, I just watch and stare at the Canadian/US battle.

Wasn’t it Ottawa?

Um sorry, that is an animal with stripes or something…

bob_honest, am I correct that the Netherlands is your America Jr.? Would like to be a spectator on that brawl :slight_smile:

Ah, wingmen like in wing commander. Only female. Takes long for the coin to fall finaly.

Now, what is that with the Netherlands? I better go back to work now.

Damned, nothing to do.

Ah some homework for my nephew. Guess one of you Americanos gave it to him.

About a man whose wife died and he runs around in Europe to search for her betraying himself to think she is only hiding.

Nice text for a 10 year old.

Almost on topic again …

Interesting. Thought I can read here about Germans leaving their country and even go to my good old and small Austria (things must be really bad if they do so…) and than you see a battle of Americans against Canadiens or English.
At least I have a good excuse now why I am here: Too much Germans came over the border and that now not only for vacation. :wink: