Get Ready For The Flu!

Sometimes the flu shot can mean the difference between a few days down for the count or an entire week of your life lost to the ether. Worth it if you work in a high-risk environment, I think.

Also important if you have a baby in the family. Several members of my family have to get the flu shot this year because of my cousin’s new arrival.

In the military 50% of people got the flu. We sleep side by side on bunks connected. They don’t even have space between 2 bunk beds! Our captain had to hide it or we all get sent home and have to redo it. We sent half half the people into a different room. Awful times. I was terrified, but I didn’t catch it or at least I fought it off easily without much effects. It was bad because my mom was doing chemo and I couldn’t get her sick, that was my biggest fear.

That’s not a correction, it’s Chinglish.

Worth it even if you don’t! It’ll be free a little later in the season also. Most people confuse colds with the Flu and think the flu is a minor inconvenience. A cold is a minor inconvenience, the flu is &'king awful.

Yeah I got the flu once in college and that was it for me. Before that I never got the flu shot, since that I’ve gotten a flu shot every single year.

1 Like

Can we get flu shots here? I had the impression it was just for special cases (young, old, etc.).

I’ll get it for free! But should I?

Probably not at the moment! Normally the vulnerable groups get them first and for free, you can choose to pay if you’re not considered vulnerable. Later in the season they’re free for everyone and sometime around Feb/Mar they usually end up begging people to get the shots as they have too much stock.

1 Like

They control your mind with flu shots Belgian. Why do you think they always give them to you right around Christmas time? The chemical compounds they are injecting into your body send a message to your brain that sends you into a shopping frenzy. You think it’s a coincidence that people spend more money during the holiday seasons? LMAO, yeah right.

My advice, stay away from them.

1 Like

I went into the local government office last year to ask a question about a completely unrelated subject, the woman misunderstood my poor Chinese and thought I wanted a vaccination.
Filled out all this paperwork and she took me to a waiting room. I saw a mother take a baby in and a minute later I heard screaming so I realized I was in the wrong line.

Told the doctor what I was really there for and she took me to the right place. But she said did you still want the shot now that you’re here?
I said no thanks, not after hearing the baby before me

2 Likes

Poor you . I have a picture in my mind , of you holding your child tightly, whilst running for the door.:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Ah, OK. I half-remember asking here about how to get an injection, and it wasn’t possible at the time. I guess it was too early in the season.

And the kid isn’t even scared. I’m more scared then them.

They went by our workplace and offered injections in situ. Interestingly, no one signed in.

As I am a feeble Male, I still am not sure if I have a bad cold or flu?

1 Like

Do you feel like you’ve been hit by a bus?

Only when arguing with @Brianjones :joy: Fever/pains/cough.

1 Like

Does sound a bit flu-ish. The body aches and fever are what really give it away.

But if you’re still able to get to your computer and argue on forumosa…I don’t know. When I had the flu I was in a dorm room with a lofted bed. I didn’t have the strength to climb up to my own bed and ended up curled up on the big bean bag in the middle of our room, which is where I stayed and suffered for three days. I only moved to crawl out to the kitchen and put more ice chips in my thermos or crawl to the bathroom.

So, if you are in hell, it is the flu. If you are still functional to some degree…meh. Probably a bad cold.

I guess tomorrow I will know for sure, thanks

1 Like

Man-Flu for sure.