Get Ready For The Flu!

Time to read Film scripts :smile: and annoy people on Forumosa

1 Like

My daughter came home early from school. She has type A flu. Looks like the wife and I will be getting it in a couple of days.

That’s seems to be an amazingly specific diagnosis for flu! Presume her whole class is coming down with it? At least you have time to prepare for your coming trials!

It’s what the doctor said. He took a swab from her nose.

She presumably caught it from her cousin. They were playing together on Saturday and she came down with it on Monday.

How about this for getting the vaccine? https://www.precisionvaccinations.com/taipei-department-health-reported-discolored-influenza-vaccine-dose

Do they have Tamiflu or similar antiviral medication in Taiwan? That stuff can really help in terms of reducing the duration and severity of the illness.

1 Like

They do, once you’re confirmed with the Flu it’s available on NHI, if I remember correctly it needs to be taken in the earlier stages to be effective.

Read the first post.

That whole Man Flu deal is horse shit.
When I’m sick I go to work
When all the women at my house are sick they get as mean as a bag of cut snakes and are likely to stab you with a watermelon knife just for fuckin looking at them.

Oh, if your child’s over 5 NHI doesn’t cover the medicine. We had to pay 720NT for it today. Presumably flu medicine is very costly.

Still cheap as chips, though.

You’re right! I should have checked it more carefully. This is why we are all going to have the flu people like me are leery of bad batches.

I don’t waste a perfectly good sick day when I’m sick.
Oh wait that only works back home

1 Like

Flu season 2019 starting?

Heard some people in Taichung having ferocious sore throat, lost voice, etc. Anything like that hit Taipei area? Really don’t want throat issues.

3 Likes

Got my flu shot on Friday. Recommend everyone do the same. Stocks are limited until they re-up in mid December.

starting. Several confirmed cases at kids schools.

How much are they this year?

This is why I like traveling by scooter. Less exposure to the carriers.

I’ve not had the flu since I was a kid. We always avoid flu jabs. Eventually we’ll run out of luck, I guess. People who have flu jabs seem to still contract it, but that’s probably just chance.

Avoiding close contact with other people is vital, as well as remaining otherwise healthy.

1 Like

I paid 1,050 NTD

1 Like

But you’re relying on herd immunity. You’re not getting the flu because other people around you are getting the flu shot.

I have to ask, why do you avoid it when you know there’s a chance you’ll contract it one day?

Also as you know it’s almost impossible to avoid sickies as a teacher.

2 Likes