Get the hell out of here! *new users only*

Good point Poagao. Part of the problem may be that people overlook this rule in an effort to remember Rules 1 and 2:

(1) You do not talk about Forumosa Club; and

(2) You DO NOT talk about Forumosa Club.[/quote]
I thought Rule 1 was “Do Not Act Incautiously When Confronting a Little Bald Wrinkly Smiling Man.”

I think the original poster should realise that the kind of behaviour she’s complaining about is par for the course on these internet discussion forums. Every forum I’ve been to has its wingnuts and those who seem to push the limits of the rules (you can almost categorize the personality types you encounter on them). This place is no exception. The online anonynous phenomenon has already been discussed. I definitely believe that people are far more cutting and insulting online than in real life. But also remember that part of it may be how you are taking what they said. Apart from emoticons, non-verbals are largely absent from this genre. People may not mean to be as insulting as they seem to be. However, others surely do mean to be. Still, this place is no worse than others on the net. Perhaps a little better as some people know each other. Take the good :smiley: with the bad :raspberry: I guess.

haze ( P ) Pronunciation Key (hz)
tr.v. hazed, haz

Maybe it’s just your charming personality? :noway: Do you realize how obnoxious you come across? And please drop the affected hyperstereotypical Cockney Lass with Attitude caricature. You are printing words on the internet, not mouthing off after seven pints in a pub; you can compose your sentences in proper English like the rest of us, instead of affecting to write in what you think is some folksy vernacular.

i think the rules here arevery lenient and there is alot of material here that paints Taiwan in a very bad light. You get banned if you are overly insulting or a troll, not if you discredit Taiwan.

“The powers that be” participate in discussions here and get insulted all the time. People dont get banned for run of the mill posting, whatever their opinions.

I have to disagree with you here.

Banshette wrote:

Taiwanisfunny wrote:

What total bullshit.

What I want to know is why did banshette leave only the word “get” in lowercase? Clearly this is some sort of subconscious marker. Since the “get” is diminished, we can conclude that banshette is shy about “getting,” or perhaps is not actually “getting” what she wants. However, scientific studies have shown that if you try sometime, you just might find, you “get” what you need (upper or lower case).

Poor banshette made the critical mistake of implying that she would never post here again. You are hooked now, my pretty. You cannot escape!

By the way, who specifically was kicking cyber-sand in your face?
(PS – you can never be deleted; you have to just walk away.)

“Take whatever parts of your dream you can find and cobble together reality.” – Me

Banshette has a point. Sometimes Forumosa oldtimers can be a bit hard on newbies.

BUT

Banshette, a large numebr of your posts consist of harsh peronal insults. You’re inflammatory and insulting (and yep, I just Flamed half a dozen of your posts from one thread because of this). Leaving aside the fact that personal attacks are not allowed, don’t tell me you diodn’t expect the reaction you got.

Brian

[quote=“banshette”]OK that’s it. Enough.
I tried to write in the same way. It didn’t work, in the sense of DO NOT try to make a joke, or use word play, or even just differ in opinion from the previous poster. You’ll get NAILED!!!
Not to mention the tediousness of having to explain and explain and explain till it busts your brain! what you meant when you said something.
The lesson??? This is supposed to be an Open Forum. As long as you agree!!!
I’ve had enough - and refrain from posting a reply to this posting, you’ll be talking to everybody but me.
[/quote]

Lots of people, lots of expectations. I read Forumosa for a while, then I registered and posted. I was looking for help and advice and was looking to take advantage of others mistakes and experience. To those ends, my expectations were satisfied and even exceeded. In fact, I only let myself down by not yet following up with posting my experience to, maybe, help someone else. That’s one item on my list I’m working at.

In the meantime, I poked around Forumosa going past

I quit posting too. You won’t have Richardm to kick around anymore.

Click here, Alleycat:
moviesoundscentral.com/sounds/english.wav

Click here, Alleycat:
moviesoundscentral.com/sounds/English.wav[/quote]

Don’t worry Squiddie it’s only a little Pulp Fiction.

For the Afrikaans Challenged:

Learn to roll with the punches. AND follow the unwritten rule of Fight Club: Don’t Complain (at least not too much).

I am a South African, and your troubles here are not related to your nationality. Also people here are not at all bad. Come to the HH on Thursday. Once you’ve met a few you’ll see so for yourself. And another thing, don’t wear your heart on your sleeve.

PS. My Afrikaans is 'orrible.

[quote=“Big Fluffy Matthew”][quote]Yet, this is their forum and we need to follow their rules if we want to play in their playground. So watch what you say, temper your opinions and feelings and basically paint a rosey picture when refering to anything “taiwan” and you’ll do just fine. No matter how right you are, you will still get banned if you offend the “powers that be”.
[/quote]Taiwan is a dump, Maoman is a ponce with a funny dog, Stragbasher has underwear retention problems. See ? I’m still here.[/quote]

I’d have to argue with you on that one.
I think Maoman’s dog is more cute than funny, and as far as I could tell, Stragbasher’s getting over his little underwear problem.

Oh, and his dog does seem to have a slight foot/sock fetish.
This being rather odd as most dogs prefer shoes and crotches. :loco:

[quote=“Big Fluffy Matthew”][quote]Yet, this is their forum and we need to follow their rules if we want to play in their playground. So watch what you say, temper your opinions and feelings and basically paint a rosey picture when refering to anything “taiwan” and you’ll do just fine. No matter how right you are, you will still get banned if you offend the “powers that be”.
[/quote]Taiwan is a dump, Maoman is a ponce with a funny dog, Stragbasher has underwear retention problems. See ? I’m still here.[/quote]
Obviously you must be here because you’re certainly not there, not all of you, at any rate.

Is it true that Sandman blows harder than any other blow-hard around town? What is he doing with that bent trumpet-looking thing in his avatar?
Goddamnit! It’s not natural, I say!

Does that mean I can use your avatar? :astonished:

Does that mean I can use your avatar? :astonished:[/quote]

I do hope so. I’m tired of you using my pic for your avatar.

Hey, and you think my dog’s bad for socks. You want to meet the one I’m babysitting this week.

Maybe I haven’t been booted yet due to the fact that most of my posts lack any interest other than for techies or computer/ electronics users.
Though I do remember posting something about my own machine.
I made a little mistake when typing and someone pounced on it only seconds after it appeared online.

I only noticed it myself after the page reloaded(immediately after posting), and edited it right away.

My edited post and the other person’s post came up when I reloaded again moments thereafter.

If you’re not ready to be challenged, don’t post.
To the same extent, sometimes people are a little too ready to pounce on mistakes or typos in postings.

Sometimes I’m actually tempted to do a spell check just avoid a lashing.

To quote Rascal…“If you find any spelling errors in my post you may keep them.” :bravo:

Another drama queen added to the list. :unamused:

Does that mean I can use your avatar? :astonished:[/quote]

I do hope so. I’m tired of you using my pic for your avatar.
[/quote]

Funny you should say that!!!
I kind of thought your current avatar(life of brian?), bares rather close resemblance to what Rich actually looks like.( Don’t quote me on that though, as I had been drunk and driving for over an hour when I met him.)

Yet, for some reason I also remember him being more attractive and slightly more east Asian in appearance.
:ponder:

Maybe I’ll remember after another beer…???

When I started posting 2.5 years ago, I had a (very) few run-ins with “older” posters (I used to be sooooooooooooooo scared of Wolf). However, I could usually see their point. And it would never have stopped me from enjoying Forumosa in the way I used it and still do: as a source of information, as an exchange with like-minded foreigners here, as the origin of social events like the Game Club, the weekly movie doings or the Happy Hour. I met quite a number of Forumosans offline, some I disliked, some I simply had nothing in common with, others I liked (I met almost all my closest friends here and most of the people I spend time with offline on Forumosa). Some turned out to be very much like their online persona, others turned out to be much nicer.

I think the same applies to quite a few people who are regular posters, especially the girls like ImaniOU or Mesheel.

Forumosa has definitely grown since I first started posting. And having been here for a while, Forumosa tends to get a bit of a bore because many topics that spring up nowadays have been discussed before. But I’m not so sure about Forumosa having changed as much as some people imply here. Still, Banshette isn’t the first (female) newbie to complain about being hazed (which didn’t seem to be as much the case back in my newbie days). But is that because she did something I probably wouldn’t have done (spring right into “Open” forum discussions)? Or has Forumosa really changed more than I realize and long-termers really tend to be more aggressive towards newbies? Or do people who start posting on Forumosa nowadays expect something else than I expected then? Of all the internet forums I checked out, I always liked Forumosa best for its broad range of topics and poster personalities. I really hope that it stays like this and that newbie posters who have interesting contributions to make don’t feel put off by a few frustrated minds using Forumosa as their main venting outlet (as if we didn’t ALL need Forumosa for venting once in a while). But I also think that Gus never intended to set up a virtual world where the rules of the real world don’t count at all. So new posters expecting Forumosa to be the perfect place for airing whatever secret frustrations they’ve been bearing because it’s all online and anonymous anyway might actually have a hard time here. Meeting us real-life during a Happy Hour might help :wink:

Does that make sense? :ponder: