😷 COVID - Getting a COVID test in Taipei

I found out that this page is specifically for the Taipei Veterans General Hospital, which is a bit out-of-the-way in Tienmu. I’m going to try to get a reservation at the Taipei City Hospital, Kunming Branch which is closest to where I live, and failing that, try for a reservation at the Cathay General site that @chydals linked.

1 Like

I created a map of all the hospitals in Nothern Taiwan that offer COVID-19 PCR tests including price range (up to date as of the time of posting).

4 Likes

Is there a web page with more information on those hospitals offering antigen tests? I couldn’t find anything on the websites of Ton-Yen Hospital or Landseed Hospital.

For Ton-Yen Hospital, call this number: 03-552-7000. The phone numbers for Landseed Hospital at the airport are 03-3983456 and 03-3983486, but people said the lines were always busy.

that’s a great source!
thanks for the map and welcome to the forum

I called Landseed Hospital at TPE. They said they only do antigen tests between 3-5pm Mon-Sat and can take 8-10 appointments per day. Results available within 45 minutes. $2500 Mon-Fri; $3000 Sat.

This seems like a great option for those whose flights align with the testing hours. Unfortunately for me, my flight is at 10am, so I’ll probably pay $5000-$7000 for a PCR test in Taipei.

I didn’t bother calling Ton-Yen Hospital since Hsinchu is too far for me.