Getting a dependent spouse in?

I’m currently here in Taiwan as an English teacher with a cram school on a one year ARC that expires 12/31/2021. I’m planning to get married to my American citizen partner in April with hopes of bringing her back to Taiwan.

Are embassy’s currently issuing visas for dependents? I know my embassy in Houston was only issuing 60 day visitor visas when I came in, but we will be going through Atlanta this time as that is the embassy for my partners state of residency.

If it seems hopeless just tell me. I know the current global situation is dire and getting married in the midst of it isn’t great planning.

I appreciate any help! Thank you!

I would honestly ask the National Immigration Agency.

They will have the best answer.

1 Like

Why I didn’t even think of that is beyond me. Thank you very much.

1 Like

My wife came here on the visitor visa and then applied for residency here. It wasn’t a big problem just a lot of paperwork and delay ( why the results of a medical test in 2020 should take 10 working days in beyond me). They were issuing resident visas in India till august but it was just easier to come here and apply.

I came on a visitor visa as well when I entered in September than had to be changed to an ARC versus my other coworker who was able to get a resident visa from a different embassy.

I’m just hoping I’ll have enough time in America to get her paperwork sorted so we can come back together but things seem a bit hopeless at the moment.

My husband arrived on a visitor visa in late September. With the visa application at one of their US offices, you need to attach plans for quarantine, proof of insurance for her, and have a RT-PCR test done 3 days prior to boarding. Also describe why she needs to be here with you.

Dear Immigration Centre
My wife needs to be with me because she’s my WIFE!

Dear Immigration Centre
My wife needs to be with me in Taiwan because virtual sex isn’t cutting it anymore.

:rofl:

6 Likes

If we were already married it would be okay, but sadly proxy marriage isn’t an option in her state.