Getting a first date

This is probably a simple question for everyone, but not for me.

It seems that Taiwanese girls like to “dance” around the idea of dating before they commit to dating.

For example, I met this one girl at a party, and we ended up talking for a long time. We have some common interests I found out.

I have her email and phone number, and I sent an email, however her English is not that good, and neither is my Mandarin. (I just started studing recently)

From what I heard from some local guys, the girls here get scared off quickly if I call directly or email asking to go out for dinner, or hiking, or the like.

Is this a true statement? Im just trying to see how I can approach this without scaring her off…

Start safe. Invite her somewhere in the daytime with lots of people around: for tea/coffee and a chat, to the flower market (because you need to pick up a plant for your apartment), to some cultural event that’s happening in town, etc.

. . . then take her back to your place and shag her. :wink:

I guess that depends how “traditional” and how “Taiwanese” she is.
I’ve never had any problems like that there, but then again, none of the girls I’ve meet here have been the typical Taiwanese girls, so I couldn’t really tell you.
Try reading some other posts here and I’m sure you’ll get a million more useful answers to this from other people here.
But from what I understand from reading some posts here, a lot of Taiwanese girls are usually keen on bringing a friend, meeting in public and changing the plans before you get to see them.

[quote=“Mother Theresa”]Start safe. Invite her somewhere in the daytime with lots of people around: for tea/coffee and a chat, to the flower market (because you need to pick up a plant for your apartment), to some cultural event that’s happening in town, etc.

. . . then take her back to your place and shag her. :wink:[/quote]

And then the two of you live happily ever after …after…after…after…after…after…

It’s a good idea that meet at [color=#FF0000]public[/color] place,
u have to make her feeling safe and somekinda like relax.

Go to see a movie, hiking, whatever it is.
the point is “[color=#0000BF]public[/color]” place.

[Cue live studio audience: Awwwwwww]

That’s a good one MT.

Just suggest something informal like seeing a movie or going out for coffee. If she is interested in you then she will respond. Maybe you are making it to serious by asking to on a “date” and she thinks this implies that you automatically expect a relationship to develop. Or maybe she already has a boyfriend.

[quote=“Mother Theresa”]Start safe. Invite her somewhere in the daytime with lots of people around: for tea/coffee and a chat, to the flower market (because you need to pick up a plant for your apartment), to some cultural event that’s happening in town, etc.

. . . then take her back to your place and shag her. :wink:[/quote]

:laughing: :bravo:

It’s always heartening to see a fellow traveller (married, approaching middle age) letting his fantasies run away with him. Many of us are thinking it, but it takes a man of MT’s mettle to put it into words.

Bravo!

Sorry folks, but it’s nothing to laugh at. I didn’t mention the last line.

Not that I would know anything about that, of course. But you never know.

Cheers, man, and good luck to you. :wink:

Not to mention the nymphets get hotter and prettier every year and seemingly more available too??

No , no mention of that.

Let me tell you something your buddies might not fess up to: for any kind of “good” girl, i.e. someone you don’t meet at 4 a.m. at Luxy, you’re looking at at least a month to 3 months with no sex. That’s a month to 3 months of calling her constantly and assuming all boyfriend duties without so much of a promise of reciprocation.

It can be worth it. But know that this is indeed what you are in for. :doh:

Trebuchet has some profound words of advice. Heed them. Alternatively, you can come and watch some cricket with me. I’m also lonely.

You’ll sit around for ages waiting for something to happen at the cricket, too.

[quote=“Buttercup”]

You’ll sit around for ages waiting for something to happen at the cricket, too.[/quote]
Hah! Sure if yer an England supporter! :smiley:

Harsh!

Thanks for all the advice.

I will send an email now… hopefully it goes well.

I guess most of you guys have either been unlucky or just meet girls that aren’t interested.
I’m not even that great looking, but it’s never taken me anywhere near that long :wink:
Sure, some girls here are stuck up and want to play games, then good for them, it’s not like there aren’t enough girls here that would actually be interested in you.
Or maybe the “dating” scene has changed here in the past two years, I dunno, but I decided to stick with the last girl I meet when I was still looking, as she was too good to let go off :smiley:

[quote=“TheLostSwede”]I guess most of you guys have either been unlucky or just meet girls that aren’t interested.
I’m not even that great looking, but it’s never taken me anywhere near that long :wink:
Sure, some girls here are stuck up and want to play games, then good for them, it’s not like there aren’t enough girls here that would actually be interested in you.
Or maybe the “dating” scene has changed here in the past two years, I dunno, but I decided to stick with the last girl I meet when I was still looking, as she was too good to let go off :smiley:[/quote]

Agreed. Every girl I’ve ever dated on this island I’ve fucked on the first or second date. The others I’ve cut loose quick smart. That’s not to say that the girls I’ve slept with have been airheads or slutty or anything else. Well, maybe some might have been airheads, and maybe some might not have been that confident in their sexuality, but felt like to be a “modern woman” they had to or whatever. Who knows. Some were certainly as actively in control of seeking out what they wanted as I was, perhaps even more so. It’s misogynistic to think that women are these timid little things.

I just think we need to realise that we’re all adults here, not eleven year olds. There’s obviously no mystery to sex, otherwise we wouldn’t be rapidly approaching seven billion people on this planet. So, if you’re into it, go for it. If you’re not, fine. I treat it like anything else. If I have a certain level of interest, or a particular kind of interest, in music, movies, books, sports, etc., I’m not going to play this silly little game of wishing and hoping for three months that I’ll get to do one of those activities, and tentatively at that.

Likewise with just getting a date. Enough with the bullshit games already. Make a bloody decision. Like I said, we’re not eleven year olds here. Some people might be, but are they the ones you want to date anyway?

I would seriously recommend reading a site like intellectualwhores.com and its forums. A surface reading of that might be very misogynistic, and about picking up chicks, etc. A deeper reading of it might be about not wasting your time by being indecisive or by hanging around indecisive people.

You’ll sit around for ages waiting for something to happen at the cricket, too.[/quote]

yes but its the wait that makes it worth it…that edge to the safe hands of 2nd slip off a ball seaming away from middle to off…the delicate nudge round the corner to backward square for a sharply run two…and then the beautiful flowing cover drive for four off of a slightly over-pitched ball on off stump…reverie

Good girls and sex…

Taiwan is changing, and so are they young girls here.

Even the slightly older ones which I used to date, would put out quite willingly after a couple of dates. When they know you and they trust you, they in general give in to their carnal desires.