Getting a job after the semester starts

Hi everyone,

Is it really that hard to find a teaching job after the semester starts? In the case of this year being around Feb 10?

What kind of teaching job?

In a buxiban

People come and go all the time. I don’t think post CNY will be bad.

Someone who was looking to hire me for another job said it will be difficult to find a job post semester commencement. Is this person telling the truth or just trying to pressure me into accepting their offer?

There is no clear-cut answer.

Buxibans don’t really teach semesters as such. They’re just cram schools.

It would probably be easier to get a buxiban gig prior to CNY. Will it be difficult after CNY? Probably depends on location.

1 Like

I don’t think this is true. There’s a lot of runners around Chinese New Year time.

1 Like

You’re fine. But you might end up at a buxiban someone else just ran away from after thinking it was the worst job in the world, so there’s that.

2 Likes

Considering the concern around this cornoavirus, you might be in luck finding a job immediately. Some people might jump ship because they are worried.

You could take my Buxiban job I’m running away from lol

I was getting a fair few job offers around Christmas time but now I’m not getting many responses at all from the schools I’ve recently applied to. It makes me think that they’ve already got people lined up for the semester.

They’re on holiday.

3 Likes