Getting a job for 3 weeks

Hello everyone,

I have a question: I’m German and I’ll go to Taiwan for 3 weeks in June. During that time I want to earn some money. Do you have any ideas/links/or anything which could help me to find a job just for 3 weeks in Taiwan? I thought about teaching languages (I speak English, Chinese, German and Russian), but any other job would be cool too.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions

Xiaoyi

[quote=“xiaoyi”]Hello everyone,

I have a question: I’m German and I’ll go to Taiwan for 3 weeks in June. During that time I want to earn some money. Do you have any ideas/links/or anything which could help me to find a job just for 3 weeks in Taiwan? I thought about teaching languages (I speak English, Chinese, German and Russian), but any other job would be cool too.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions

Xiaoyi[/quote]

Getting a work permit would be a start.

Short answer - no there aren’t jobs that you are looking for.

Longer answer - perhaps there are but you need to have established contacts (usually made in Taiwan) to set up the jobs (illegal) that you are qualified for. that probably isn’t going to happen within that short amount of time.

You could probably find an English teaching subbing job (again illegal) through FB groups but you are talking about a couple of hours here and a couple there.

Mmmh… do I even need a work permit if I just give private lessons at someone’s home and not in official institutions? I thought maybe there are students who are seeking intensive language training for a short period of time…

It’s still illegal but you won’t get caught (extremely unlikely).

20 years ago there would have been demand for what you want to do. Now there are so many foreigners (English and other languages) that anyone that wants to learn a language has an infinite supply of options. you won’t have any contacts to set up privates and they definitely won’t be walking up to you in the street asking you about it.

Teaching in someone’s home = getting money for rendering a service = work. Simple.
And even if you wouldn’t get money for it, the government would still see it as work. And that is what matters.

Chances of being caught are low. But please, do not break the law in Taiwan.

Intensive training in German? In Taiwan? You’ll corner a niche market there. :roflmao:

Three of the students at the buxiban where I work in Taoyuan are also studying German with private tutors (two for future schooling in Germany, one for personal interest); perhaps there are others that I don’t know about. Yes, it is a niche market, but it does exist.

Three of the students at the buxiban where I work in Taoyuan are also studying German with private tutors [/quote]
For three weeks?

A work permit is a good idea. You might be able to get a working holiday visa since you are German. boca.gov.tw/ct.asp?xItem=374 … e=783&mp=2.

He might be able to get a working holiday visa and the work privileges that go with it but it’s very, very unlikely that he will find any work in that time with no contacts.

Also, you can only apply once per country for a working holiday visa, so don’t apply if you’re only coming for three weeks and may need to stay longer next time. There’s also an age limit (30?) for WH visas.