Getting a job/ work permit/ ARC from within Taiwan

I’ve gota question that I’m sure folks here are probably tired of answering. I’m trying to get a teaching job in Taiwan, and I’m currently living in the US. My girlfriend and I will be going to Taiwan one way or another, and if I don’t secure work before we leave, I want to know what my options are. I’ve taught ESL in Japan, and there, many people would find jobs which would sponsor their work visas, but they would have to leave the country and obtain the visa from the apropriate embassy on foreign soil ( for example, my friend had to go to Korea for a weekend to obtain his Japanese visa). Is it possible for me to enter Taiwan as a tourist, find a job, and obtain my visa and ARC, or is it a similar situation where I would have to leave the country in oredr to apply from outside the country?

Yes, you can enter Taiwan as a tourist, find a job, and obtain your visa and ARC without leaving, as long as everything is processed before your tourist visa expires. Get a 60-day tourist visa to ensure there’s enough time to get everything processed.