Getting a scooter to taipei

how does one go about getting a scooter from taizhong to taipei on the train? is it simply a matter of pulling up to the train station and leaving it with someone, or are there certains days and times that scooters can be shipped?

Thanks

I’d go through one of the smaller forwarding companies, they’re probably not more expensive and they will pick up & deliver, which is good if you have to work or something …

There’s a similar thread with more answers over here:

[Shipping a scooter from Kaoshung to taipei?

I recently shipped my scooter from Taizhong to Luodong by train. You’ve just got to bring your scooter to the shipping and luggage area (which at the Taizhong station is to the left of the main entrance), fill out a form, pay your money, and they’ll automatically wrap it and ship it for you. It should be there by the next day.

I actually rode around and asked some of the local scooter shipping places and they said that it’d take a week for my scooter to get from Taizhong to Luodong and for the same price as the train. So I wouldn’t bother with them.

[quote=“alidarbac”]I actually rode around and asked some of the local scooter shipping places and they said that it’d take a week for my scooter to get from Taizhong to Luodong and for the same price as the train. So I wouldn’t bother with them.[/quote]It took my bike only 3 days to get from Taidong to Taichung. But I agree that the train seems a good option for various reasons.