Getting a Work Permit on Work Experience alone

Hi Forumosans…

I’m moving to Taiwan (in 2 weeks!) to work at a company who has sought out my qualifications (graphic artist for 10yrs). Upon my first round of application for the work permit, it got rejected and sent back asking for additional proof of experience and qualifications (they explicitly asked for awards or certifications). I’m self taught, and have a really extensive resume… but no real certificates or awards I can pass on. So, for this next round of application I’m submitting 4 letters of recommendations from recent employers, supplying a complete list of my technical skills, an employment reference sheet with current contacts, and an online portfolio of work. I’m hoping this is going to work… but does anyone have any experience in proving this type of qualifications? Any suggestions?

Any advice, experience or suggestions would be much appreciated…

:notworthy:

Get a degree

It is possible to get a work permit based on experience – a lot of the High Speed Railway engineers have them. I just can’t remember how many years of experience you need to prove, it could be seven, but I could be wrong on that.
Anyway, I suppose you’ll need proof in the form of letters from previous employers.

It depends on the industry you are working in. For high-tech industry the requirements are less strict. For graphic artists, hm, I think 10 years should be plenty, but as Sandman sayd, you need proof.

I just has a look at what the law agency gave me to prepare for the work permit application and found the following “certificate”. Have each previous employer sign this for you and you have multiple certifications.

Based on my experience, I think it is worth it to ask an agency to help with the ARC based on experience.

I did get a degree jsut before I applied for the ARC, but I am pretty sure I would have gotten the ARC without it.

CERTIFICATE

10 June 2004

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

This is to certify that Mr. XXX, (Nationality: XXX, Passport Number: _______________) has been employed as (Job Title) at XXX from __________ to __________. His job description includes: _______________________________________________________. This Certificate is hereby issued to him as evidence.

[quote]This is to certify that Mr. XXX, (Nationality: XXX, Passport Number: _______________) has been employed as (Job Title) at XXX from __________ to __________. His job description includes: _______________________________________________________. This Certificate is hereby issued to him as evidence.

[b]H

You’re a graphic designer - make up your own certificates. They don’t check anything here.