Getting an ARC if my dad is a former resident

I won’t be able to get a work permit or ARC until later this year due to a clause in the application, but my dad is a former ROC resident (not a dual citizen) from over 30 years ago. Would this help in any way to get an ARC sooner, and what sort of documentation would he need to still have? He is visiting in a week so this would be a great opportunity. Thanks.

I don’t know why your dad being a resident would help if he’s NOW not one.

Won’t make a spot of difference. Sorry.

If your dad has his old HRC somewhere, you could go there and see if he could get you onto his HRC. That would speed things up but would put you under the mandatory military service radar…