Getting custom T-shirts / tees made in Taipei

Printing company logo on T-shirts

Thats what I want to do - regular printers can’t help or even seem to point me in the right direction.

Help much appreciated

There is a place in Ximen that print designs onto T shirts. I know it is not exactly what you are after but it’s the closest thing I know.

It’s in a shopping arcade, from Exit 6 of Ximen station you turn right towards a cinema. There is an Easy shop nearby and next to the Easy shop there is an arcade. On the 3th or 4th floor there is a place that will print designs.

Try calling this place for their address 2881-8880.

It’s located in Shilin on Zhong Shan N. Road, right across the street from Jiantan Station.

I think it’s called Tan’s Spotty Specialty and you can’t miss it because it’s a white building with black spots. Minimum number of pieces is 50. My kids’ school has PE uniforms made there, 100% cotton, and I also saw TES, TYPA and TAS tshirts when I was there.

thx very much - much appreciated

I can get help if you want.

I have a wholesale place that makes decent shirts and a shop that does decent prints.

The setup costs are a pain so if you only want a couple it can get expensive. If you wanted a couple dozen it works out to be about 200/per shirt.

lemme know if you need a hand.

1 Like

Are you talking about getting t-shirts printed?

I’m sure there are a bunch of places but I know a friend got some printed at the place that’s on Heping East Rd. Don’t know the exact address but it’s close to the corner of Fuxing, opposite the bar F*ing Place. There’s a Family Mart almost next door.

:laughing: Sorry, old thread; I used it just now to test a mod function, which bumped it up on the forum, and after I removed my post, this thread mysteriously stayed bumped up as if new. So don’t expect a response from the OP, who posted that five years ago.

That said, I think it’s a good general WCIF question which I’m sure others will ask before too long, so I’m leaving it (and merging it with similar threads) instead of temping it.

1 Like

Printing T shirts with a computer printer didn’t work very the last time I tried it. The image quality is terrible and it’s not at all wash safe.

I’d definitely like to know if there is some place that will do custom T shirts.

Well, there was this place in Hsimentin where you can have anything you want printed on T-shirts, long shirts, bags, etc. It’s in the same building that the model planes are.

If you are asking how to DIY, sorry, can’t help.

KingZog, did you definitely want silk screened ones in quantity, or just one custom shirt for yourself or as a gift?

According to Ezra in another thread, “the camera/photo shops around here will print an image onto a shirt for a nominal fee, but they can only do white shirts.”

I’d be happy to talk to you (although we should probably move to another thread) about DIY stenciling, fabric dyes, tie-dye, acrylic paint, batik, black line art and fabric dye pastel techniques. I have used all of these, and can show you the results if you are interested. Frankly, the last one is the cheapest (NT$50 for a whole box of the pastels at Ba Da art supply

EDIT: Bada has moved as of Sept. 2009; the new address, below, is about two alleys south of Grandma Nitti’s, and one alley to the east (Long2quan2), right next to a small park, on a corner.

台北市龍泉街87巷6號 Long2quan2 St., (one alley east of and parallel to Shi1da4 Rd.), Lane 87, #6. 2363-9307.

; and white cotton men’s undershirts are available at Costco) and easiest (draw, iron, wash, wear).

Actually I was wondering how much it would cost to get silk screened ones. I’m sure it could be done here, but I’ve no idea about costs and minimum runs and so on.

I’ve done some major clean-up of other tee-related threads so that the post on having custom silk screening on tees in Taibei are all together in this thread. Perhaps you’ll find the answer in one of those. It would also be nice if the Animals Taiwan merchandise staff and Maoman could post the contact info here for the screen printers who did their AT and Forumosa tees.

For stitched rather than screened designs see THIS thread.

For custom tees in Gaoxiong / Kaohsiung, please see THIS thread.

For Taizhong / Taichung, see THIS thread.

For the general Taoyuan area there’s another thread, which I’m now looking for.

For Taiwan- or Taibei-themed souvenir tees see this thread.

1 Like

I’ve had some smaller runs done, and have found it kind of hard to get really good quality shirts, I’d advise making sure they’re going to use good ones before you commit, they got some really shit-quality shirts here.

For me, I’d like to know where I can get a shirt with a picture of His Royal Highness KingZog’s butt on it…

I’ve got some boxers with that on, the result of a dodgy prawn salad I ate in China. Despite many washes it’s still slightly visible.

I call them the Turin Boxers. Maybe you could iron the image off onto a T shirt.

I’ve got some boxers with that on, the result of a dodgy prawn salad I ate in China. Despite many washes it’s still slightly visible.

I call them the Turin Boxers. Maybe you could iron the image off onto a T shirt.[/quote]

Like the Forrest Gump happy face??
His Royal Heinie…

[quote=“KingZog”]
Actually I was wondering how much it would cost to get silk screened ones. I’m sure it could be done here, but I’ve no idea about costs and minimum runs and so on.[/quote]

I had a 100 done for NT$20000 recently. Not sure if that’s high or low, but NT$200 a shirt sounded fine with me.

Where can I find small scale Tshirt printers in Taipei.

I’m wanting to make a few tees while here in Taiwan.

Thanks in advance!

A couple of resources posted here in the past.

Here’s one I still have in my pda:

Tan’s Spotty Specialty
right by Jiantan MRT station, on Zhong Shan N. Road

(02) 2881-8880

I think the minimum order qty is 50 pieces mixed sizes.

Hrm. Anyone else know of any in lesser quantities than 50? Say 24?

If you have lots of time and little money, you can screenprint your own fabric: http://www.instructables.com/id/D.I.Y.-Screen-Printing/

If you want a cheaper/easier option then just use iron-on transfers that I mentioned earlier in the thread.