Getting custom T-shirts / tees made in Taipei

We did another run of 50 for the Hockey League, NT$11,500. I think they’d do any quantity, but you’ll pay more the less you print.

The place is called T-Shirt Colorful 2719-5388 or 0933166861, San He Rd, Sec. 3 in San Chong.

Definitely not English friendly, but they are foreigner friendly. :slight_smile:

Good luck.

I asked the Wild Strawberries and they get their tees made near Taida and the Gong Guan, apparently just right outside the main entrance. Apparently there are a whole bunch to choose from.

I just called Tshirt Colorful for 24 and they said 200NT each, 1 color and will take 1 week to process. They said for 50 it will be less than 170NT each. They refused to do smaller quantities. Their website is apparently colorful.com.tw but its not loading for me.

I call the TAN place but they want me to visit.

I hope to make this t-shirt a reality:

Yes, I should have mentioned that ours were screened on both sides and I think on one of the sleeves, can’t remember offhand. That may account for the higher prices I quoted above. I was pretty impressed with the quality of the t’s too: Heavy cotton, good stitching. No complaints.

That’s a nice design, btw. I would buy one of those. :wink:

Me too.

Why thank you!

CitizenK, I’m really excited about T-shirt Colorful, I’d gladly pay extra for them to add a shoulder. I will try to visit tomorrow as I’m extremely particular about shirt, fit, etc.

Also I will sell these tees to any Forumosa members roughly at-cost and include some ‘KeepTaiwanFree’ stickers.

In Taipei, we made shirts at College Town collegetown.com.tw
Those were pretty good

When me and Bubba got our club T’s done, I was really disappointed with the quality.
Even the best quality they had was really thin and crappy and the neck is too tight.
We went thru a designer connection, so I don’t really know who made them.
G. Egg, were you guys happy w/ the quality of the T’s?
Next time I want to find someplace that does Hanes Beefy T or equivalent…

You want to actually go to the printer and feel the shirts in your own hands when you are getting something printed, or you’ll end up with the problem the chief describes.

Hobart on the Ho had some very high quality shirts with the Republic of Taiwan flag, and the Forumosa tees are good quality too. Actually Hobart’s are a bit on the unusually thick and hot side, but they’ve held up great.

Overall, the quality was fine, but for our next round of Forumosa shirts, I’m planning to have them made by the guys who made these sports shirts I picked up on my last visit to Taipei a 2 weeks ago. When I get their contact details, I will post them here. They were more like the Republic of Taiwan shirts that were available on TaiwanHo once upon a time - a little stretchy and designed for runners and cyclists.

Actually, it wasn’t Hobart, it was Jerome Keating who designed those shirts. They were made by TAN on Hsinsheng South Road, and when I asked about the material, they told me that what Jerry used was actually leftover stock that they didn’t have any more of (he was lucky). I asked about all this back when we were first designing the Forumosa shirts in 2005

TAN was more expensive and less easy to work with than College Town. However, next time around, I’m going to look for the sport shirt makers.

[quote=“the chief”]When me and Bubba got our club T’s done, I was really disappointed with the quality.
Even the best quality they had was really thin and crappy and the neck is too tight.[/quote]
And I always thought that the college town tees (the ones we used for Forumosa) had loose necks. Adults, but especially the smaller sizes. We use them at our buxiban, and the necks just look too loose.

Just a consideration, we get some of our hockey jerseys and other dry fit style shirts from a company in Thailand run by a Canadian and an American fellow. Good stuff.

jogsportswear.com/

I’ve been looking online for some tshirts for my kid, I want to get him some t-shirts of stuff he likes, not the usual stuff, for example he’s only 2 but he’s nuts about the ghostbusters logo and do you think I can find a kids ghostbusters tshirt online? No chance. I tried making my own with one of those sites that lets you upload images but they’re not into the whole copyright infringement thing. So here’s my question, this thread is pretty old so not sure if anyone still has any idea on this but is there anywhere I can go and give them a picture and they will just print the feckin thing on a wee t-shirt for me? I’d appreciate any help :slight_smile:

Gotta bump this! If you don’t mind

Get a wee t-shirt, must be 100% cotton, preferably white. Get some fabric dye pastels at Ba Da art supply in Taibei for about $50 NT. Print the design out, enlarging as needed to fit the front of the shirt. Blacken the main lines with a permanent marker (on the printout, not the shirt), put behind the shirt, and press up against a window on a sunny day so the design shows through. Trace the design carefully with a soft pencil like 4B. Put a thick piece of cardboard inside the shirt so the pastels don’t bleed through. Color the design with the pastels, optionally using a permanent marker to do any black outlines first. (If doing the marker, do it before the pastels.) Next, put 2-3 sheets of blank white A4 paper atop the design. Make sure the cardboard is still inside. Iron the A4 paper with a hot iron 30-60 seconds. Change the A4 to clean sheets and repeat until no oil or color stains show on the paper. Toss shirt, sans paper or cardboard, into the washer and launder once. Shirt is ready to wear, and the decoration is permanent. Here is one I did a year ago for a friend’s kid:

Or, given the simple red and black involved in the ghostbusters logo, just get two fabric marker pens at the art supply store, one in each color; but do still remember the cardboard to prevent bleed-through, and don’t wash before it’s really thoroughly dry or it may bleed.

1 Like

Good suggestion but to be honest i just want to get it printed professionally. If it was my own pic or design then yeah but not for copying something

Go here, http://teenormous.com/search/ghostbusters_t-shirts, order what you want (most of the toddler stuff seems to be on page 2), and have it sent to my house near Seattle. I’m coming back to Taipei Nov. 8. Merry Christmas! :candycane: A t-shirt or two in my suitcase is seriously no trouble at all and I have a two year old and totally understand that gotta-gotta. :slight_smile: PM me.

I don’t know if you’re still looking for custom T-shirts, but I found a good place in Tien mu (on Zhong Shan N Rd. Sec 6) where you can get your own prints on a T-shirt (or shopping bag for that matter). You just give them a jpeg file and they print it for you. They have a website: www.brique.com.tw. Phone number: 02-2882 1785.

brilliant krissah will try!

Anyone know a place that has a Direct to Garment Printer (DGP) here in Taipei? I have a design I need printed on white t-shirts and need a few 100 to start.

1 Like

Well I finally found a place here in San Chung that does DTG printing. Owned by an American and his Taiwanese wife.

I’m telling you, San Chung is getting kinda fancy and now has a place that sells Chicken Fried Steak and Butter flavored Deep Dish Pizza. A lot of Westerners moving their due to MRT and much lower rents and home prices.