Getting Degrees Translated for ARC Card

Hi. I just have a quick question for anyone out there that may have an answer for me. I’m in the process of getting my ARC card and was wondering if it was actually necessary for me to get my degree translated as my recruiter has been insisting that I do. I have other friends who are getting their ARC cards done now as well and have never heard of this. Can anyone tell me is this really true? Also, if it is, does anyone know of any places to get them translated in the Tien Mu area. Thanks very much for all the help!

I believe it is necessary, ihad to get mine translated. Why not get your recruiter to get it translated or your boss?

I’ve asked my recruiter to do so but we all know how usefull recruiters are these days. And my boss refuses to do anything for me unless it’s through my recruiter. Can you tell me where you went and got it done?

Into what language? If it’s in English or Chinese it should be alright. I knew a guy with a Trinity College Dublin degree who had to get it translated. He actually found someone who could do Latin to Chinese.

I don’t believe that you need to get the document translated unless it’s in a language other than English. If your degree is written in English then I would say that you could save yourself money and just submit as is.

If it is written in a language other than English then maybe the Community Services Center can help you with finding a translator. I am sure that they know of one in the area.

A translation has always been required in my experience. It can be done by anyone who can type Chinese and translate into Chinese. It does not have to be certified or anything like that though.

My schools have always translated for me. The office staff once asked me what my university name was in Chinese. They obviously thought my Chinese was much better than it really was as I had no clue what the transliteration would have been.

So what’s seems to be being suggested is that even an English degree needs to be translated into Chinese and sent in to the CLA, but that this translation does not need to be an official one with stamps and the like, but just done by anyone. If so, then the OP may want to either insist that the agent or school do this, or maybe the OP could just find another job elsewhere.

I was under the impression that translations were only required for non-English documents, the basis being that the people who process the documents can read both Chinese and English, but not latin and other languages. I am somewhat skeptical that they need a translation for a document with such simple English as a degree, particularly considering that the important content of the degree are the schools name, students name, and date, all of which don’t translate well into Chinese anyway. I accept that it may be a formality and although I know that it used to be required, I was under the impression that it had been abolished for English certificates.

Yeah it needs to be translated from Latin to Chinese. Anyone know of any place to get it translated from Latin to Chinese? Thanks for the help!

If it’s an unofficial translation, I would just write down the details of the degree in English for your employer. Doesn’t the university supply an English translation? I think your employer has got it wrong. I’ve had loads of work permits and never heard of this. I can’t remember what my mate did - it was in 1993.

Amazing the way a few “iums” and “iensis” on the end throws the whole thing out of kilter.

I doubt the CLA is going to ask for a certified translation.