Getting help finding non teaching job

Im about to get my APRC and Ive had it up to the eye balls with teaching and Im wondering how to go about getting help finding work outside the classroom , teaching realm.

Is there a government scheme for helping for who are foreign residents does anyone know ?

I know about 1111.com and 104.com and all the others but Im not up to working through ads there.

thnx .

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

[quote=“raja”]Im about to get my APRC and Ive had it up to the eye balls with teaching and Im wondering how to go about getting help finding work outside the classroom , teaching realm.

Is there a government scheme for helping for who are foreign residents does anyone know ?

I know about 1111.com and 104.com and all the others but Im not up to working through ads there.

thnx .[/quote]

The Gov’t scheme is basically training for small enterprises and such, directed at the new Taiwanese, mostly young South East Asian brides, which explains the emphasis on cooking and such skills.

Nevertheless, there are courses in your local community college that address this segment of the population.

As to work, once you have your APRC, the world is your oyster. maybe if you told us which field interests you, what is your background -verifiable experience and all that jazz- we can add some pointers.

Best of luck. Let us know when you get your APRC so we can welcome you to the club.

I graduated in Chemistry but Im really open to anything. Im so tired of teaching little …angels and being in a classroom. I think I’d do almost anything other than being related to standing in front of people who dont want to speak english and having to repeat myself over and over again for years and years…it is too mind numbing.

Yes I got my APRC last week. Really wondering what it means actually. A friend mentioned getting a job back home with a company that requires U to be out here would be best.

Just wondering what U guys do that have APRCs and how U got round to finding it.

Just to make it clear U dont have to stay in the country at all for the first year having the APRC ,
but after that its the minimum 6 mnth rule for each year.

No interview …handed over the cash and collected it later on ~ 40 mins they said. This is the Ban Ciao place NOT taipei city.

Anyway thnks for the welcome. I hope :pray: being part of the club somehow helps to find a different way on this small but unique isle.