Getting married after overstaying Visa... Help!

Hi, i havent been able to find information abou this marrying issue anywhere…

I’m a taiwanese national, and my partner is a foreigner that has already overstayed his visitor visa for some months can we still get married without him been deported in the process? or would we just have to pay a fine for overstaying?

and what civil body do we have to approach with the issue?

[quote=“Cyrestia”]Hi, i havent been able to find information abou this marrying issue anywhere…

I’m a taiwanese national, and my partner is a foreigner that has already overstayed his visitor visa for some months can we still get married without him been deported in the process? or would we just have to pay a fine for overstaying?

and what civil body do we have to approach with the issue?[/quote]

AFAIK…marrying him will not get him off the hook (fairly obviously). However there is (or used to be) one benefit to getting married: his maximum ban for the overstay will be one year. But you guys will have to bite the bullet on this…he must turn himself in and he will likely have a ban of some time before he can re-enter.

Oh and since he was on a visitor visa you will have to write a letter saying you were supporting him during his stay. Best not mention any illegal working.