Getting my old scooter license back

A few years back I lived and worked in Taichung with an ARC. During that time I did the basic computer based scooter driving test and got a license. Now I am here as a tourist and want to rent or buy a scooter. I don’t have the physical license with me. Can I go to the motor vehicles agency and get a copy of it and use it?

Did it expire? If so they won’t give it back without an up to date ARC. Is it still valid? They will want ID to reprint it and I would bet at minimum you would need to go to immigration and get a letter called the record of ID in ROC as ID but I’m not sure they’d accept that.
Without an ARC most government agencies say they can’t help you.

1 Like