Getting refund on rent, I paid upfront?

Hello, im currently living in kaohsiung, heres my story:
I came to Taiwan for 3 months visa free and my friend managed to find me this studio type apartment on 591.com.tw, this is the only place she could find that would let me stay for 2 months. I payed 30,000 TWD to the landlord in cash after we met him and he said its a one time payment and i dont have to do anything else. Water is free but i have to pay electricity (its prepaid so i gave him 1000 TWD and it gave me the numbers 200kwh or something on some metre out the front) I speak no chinese so i was relying on my friend who is Taiwanese to make sure this was a good deal and everything so i guess it was?? My friend said this place would be cheaper if i leased 12 months.

Here is the issue, i want to move out for a variety of reasons.
The humidity in Kaohsiung is too high for me and i feel sick all day with no energy, the floor drain in bathroom has no trap on it so when neighbour turns on tap the water make a really loud noise in my drain and wakes me up, there is construction work sometimes in the building next door and often involving jackhammers, this area im in isnt very safe area tbh and worst of all my neighbour (or someone in my building) does drugs everynight smoking weed and the smell somehow makes its way into my house and its extremely strong and stinks up all my clothing and stuff.

Any advice on what i can do here, i want to leave taiwan honestly so what can i say to landlord to have better chance at getting refund?
Thanks.

also i have been in this place for about 11 days, forgot to mention

Be polite and ask him for two month refund. Expect possibility of him saying no

im happy to pay for the time i stayed, just want the refund on the days i wont be staying. Still possible do u think?

What? At best you will get two months if you live now. If you want to do that, tell landlord ASAP and say you be willing to leave within a week.

You have to be fair and give him time to find someone

ok thankyou

have you asked your Taiwan friend to speak to the landlord?

Lucky it’s only sometimes. Unless you signed something stating otherwise, basically no, you’re not getting your money back unless the landlord is very very nice. You might get some of the money back for electricity, but I wouldn’t be optimistic. Or bother asking. If the landlord refuses, you might try asking if he has another place, but it will probably be in the same city. All of Taiwan is pretty humid anyway. KH at least has better weather than Taipei. If he doesn’t help, you’re stuck. Box up your stuff, batten down the hatches, and hope Mini doesn’t smell you at the airport. I wouldn’t bother the toker, or even mentioning him. You don’t want to end up down by the riverside. Call in an anonymous report when you’re safely abroad if that’s where you’re headed, or leave it.

Next time use AirBNB.