Getting rid of Electronic waste (aka e-waste)

I have recently cleaned out my drawer were I kept old phones, PCs, tablets, etc. What is the environmentally correct way to get rid of this “e-waste”? In the old country there were designated places maintained by the city government where you could drop it off.

1 Like

Won’t the recycling truck that follows the garbage truck be able to take it?

I tried to give them an old CRT monitor before but they refused. So I thought there is a different way.

1 Like

Impossible, they have to take that stuff.

1 Like

Alright then! :+1: Will give it another shot.

Sorry, I didn’t mean to imply you weren’t being truthful.
That may have been before it was standard, or the guy may have been a dick.

If you got lots of stuff (I have to throw out a metric shitload of cables once a year, it seems like) you could box them up and give them to the appropriate Recycle Auntie, I think she can get decent payout for lots of them.

On the off chance, ask your workplace. My university collects electronic waste, I believe four times a year.

1 Like

Oh yeah, and you can’t recycle batteries, you got to take them to the convenience store.

In America I used to sell my old stuff off eBay for the people who want them for spare parts.

Does anyone know if there’s a market for that here?

Good points, thanks! It is a huge pile actually, I will sort it and ask the local recycling agong (not an auntie in my case)

I know there are flea markets for all kinds of things but to be honest I don’t have the time and energy for that (both spent completely on surfing Forumosa). Not sure about online.

If it requires venturing into the bowels of Taipei Main I’d just as soon give it all to the garbage man.

On my daily commute I happen to pass no fewer than three lots where they collect used metal and electronics, and they pretty much look like something out of a post-apocalypse sci fi movie.
They’re buying this shit by the literal ton, I can’t imagine there being any market to purchase individual second hand cables and crap.

In all fairness, when I opened this thread I legit thought it was about deleting all of @Belgian_Pie’s posts. I’m not even kidding.

7-11 used to take e-waste and pay you according to weight.

And yet, here I am!

Huh. I guess I’ll have to keep my eyes peeled. There’s actually an Apple reseller in my neighborhood, I wonder if they’ll buy my crap…

Nothing is crap, all has its price.

1 Like

How much are you willing to pay for a clump of old cables?

1 Like