Getting rid of Electronic waste (aka e-waste)

Sorry, you missed my point, these guys buy scrap electronics and metal by the 100s of kilos, for double digit $NT per.
Unless your scrap bag weighs multiple times your family’s collective body weight, I sincerely doubt you’ll find anyone who is willing to regard it as anything but garbage.

Here’s a Taipei City Government page on recycling; I don’t know whether it’s up-to-date, and I can’t vouch for the extent to which it applies in actual practice:

https://english.dep.gov.taipei/News_Content.aspx?n=010EDE53B1F4A4AF&sms=85FBABE70858A8D4&s=6AF954459BE7AE2D

Monitors are listed on that page, apparently “Collected on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.” I don’t see any distinction being made between CRT and LCD (or whatever new stuff may have appeared since I gave up trying to keep up). It just lists monitors along with other items associated with computers.

Edited to add that this appears to be the Chinese-language version of the page linked above:

https://www.dep.gov.taipei/News_Content.aspx?n=B18D1A1E2787E330&sms=305AECD29BED80F5&s=9E0221C030F70F74

2 Likes

Thanks @Charlie_Jack, had no idea that there were different days for different kinds of recycling.

1 Like

You’re welcome, and I hope you’re successful in getting rid of your unwanted gear.

Do you give recycling old fans and heaters?

Sorry to bump 3 year old post but :woman_shrugging:

Just set it out where the trash truck will come an hour early. It will disappear long before the truck comes.

I wonder what happens to it then. Part of someone’s hoard, blocking the stairwell in some future fire? Or “sensibly” kept in one of the insanely stuffed balconies I see around?

1 Like

I cut the cord off. Should I still try it? Lol

They try to repair them or use them for parts.

1 Like

For fans you are supposed to call your district recycling team beforehand, I guess heaters maybe as well. You can then put your stuff next to the road and they will come pick it up, usually same day. Here is some info if you are in Taipei:

5 Likes