Getting the 2nd shot in Taiwan for COVID-19 vaccines

Got another text from WanFang today at 11:45, within 1 min I clicked through the link to the appointments page to find it already full. Have to assume their staff and friends get the link in advance…I’m booked into NTU for Wednesday all going to plan, thanks again to @lostinasia !

3 Likes

Maybe the online registration opened up before the text went out?

I’m trying to register for Taichung (MoHW) Hospital…at only 60 slots a day everyone is probably trying to rush to register and the registration website has basically broken after registration opens and I have to be somewhere in 15-20 minutes…welp maybe I’ll have to find somewhere else…

I’m fairly sure it did, to those in the know!

I had to keep checking the website…I only saw the notice for registration get updated yesterday afternoon/evening.

It seems that next week more days are open, Mon.-Fri. compared to only 2 days a week before, at least at Taichung MoHW Hospital. Probably due to the extra AZ doses being released to the hospitals.

Good news is my registration somehow went through…spent like 5 minutes loading in the background after I hit confirm…feel so relieved to finally get the appointment, really feels like a huge weight is off my shoulders…

4 Likes

When I registered for the first shot it was quick and easy. Of course, that was before everything went crazy here and folks realized gee, maybe I should get vaccinated.

3 Likes

First shot has certainly been far easier to get than the second so far!

1 Like

Still in the early stages of people getting their 2nd shots…right now we’re still at the point in time where people getting the 2nd shots got their 1st shot on days with only a couple of thousand a day getting jabs in all of Taiwan. I remember when I got my first shot the highest # of jabs in a day was only around 3,000.

After this month is when we’ll see a much larger number of people getting 2nd shot…I wouldn’t be surprised if they add 2nd dose registrations to 1922 website down the road to make it easier.

4 Likes

Got my second dose today at Mackay! Pretty seamless (besides getting the appointment which still seems kind of tricky).

I had my first shot at a different hospital in Taichung, but was able to get the second dose at Mackay.

Hopefully I turn magnetic or something.

7 Likes

This happens only if you watch too much news on Taiwan television. :rofl:

Guy

I do resent the lack of originality with that anti vax crap. I mean, if you wanna do some propaganda, at least adjust the focus to your target market.

They treat our market as cheap and just recycle old garbage. :cry:

3 appointments available tomorrow at Mackay if that’s useful for anyone?

Mackay

4 Likes

I’m probably going to cancel the appointment at NTU Hospital anyways, since I was able to get registered for a second shot through the NHI app, to have it near my place. I rather not travel if I don’t have to.

But I guess I will still keep it in case that NHI app appointment don’t work out.

Wife is booked in tomorrow, I’m booked in for Monday, both at Mackay. I’ll be scooting there, no chance I’ll take public transport. Excited to join the 0.5%ers

1 Like

Regarding aftereffects: my arm felt a bit sore and the injection site was also tender but I blame it on the bath I took right after coming home from the hospital. I kind of forgot the band aid was there and got it a bit wet.

Much milder than the first time indeed.

I got mine at NTUH and the expedite assembly line process was impressive. Only regret was not getting the sticker with the 3 countries mascots.

Edit
And I have to find out how to report that my skin condition has cleared up so well after the vaccine. Almost gone. Amazing.

5 Likes

I’ll report back on Tuesday, I didn’t have any real side effects after the first jab apart from feeling hungover the day after so I’m hoping for something similar/less this time around.

Just an FYI for all the ‘AZ will kill you’ folk out there, I’m under 40 and perfectly fine.

That reminds me: the nurse giving out the shots asked the woman next to me if she had any discomfort from the first shot. She replied no, because she was old enough, LOL. Both laughed. :rofl:

1 Like

Drink a lot of water! Afterwards of course, as getting to the bathroom among the vaccinated crowds is quite a trek.

1 Like

Yesterday I whined about the hours I wasted trying to get an appointment. This morning at 7:00AM I checked for fun and got through instantly. What a difference a day makes. So, if anyone wants an appointment at Taoyuan General, there are still some spots open for next week (I think the max is 300 per session?)

9 Likes

You guys are awesome. Congrats to you all for getting your vaccines!

Guy

6 Likes

I got my first shot at Triservices Neihu, and then my 2nd shot at MacKay Taipei. Got the yellow card, the two stickers on the NHI card, etc.

However, the NHI app COVID-19 疫苗接種 section doesn’t show any vaccination information, it just says 無資料, as if they did not record my vaccination. Does this work or not work for others here?

2 Likes