Getting to know your neighbours

I couldn’t find one for “just friends” I live around the Zhongxiao Fuxing, Zhongxiao Dunhua crossroads. I’m looking to see who else lives in this area… My actual area is Dunhua Renai Cross Roads.

Just looking for anybody who fancies meeting up who lives in the same area. Miss having neighbours etc. All my friends are all over the place in Taipei and I’m real lazy! As I said, I’m not looking for a relationship, so Taiwanese, Western, Male, Female… Whatever. Just neighbours, basically.

Let me know. dufflepodia@yahoo.co.uk

msn. pdh298@hotmail.com

[quote=“pdh298”]I couldn’t find one for “just friends” I live around the Zhongxiao Fuxing, Zhongxiao Dunhua crossroads. I’m looking to see who else lives in this area… My actual area is Dunhua Ren’ai Cross Roads.

Just looking for anybody who fancies meeting up who lives in the same area. Miss having neighbours etc. All my friends are all over the place in Taipei and I’m real lazy! As I said, I’m not looking for a relationship, so Taiwanese, Western, Male, Female… Whatever. Just neighbours, basically.

Let me know. dufflepodia@yahoo.co.uk

msn. pdh298@hotmail.com[/quote]
Come to our Happy Hour on Thursday - it’s very close to you.
forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.php?t=29607

Why don’t you start by putting friendly info in your profile, which makes you seem more like a person and less like an anonymous poster? (I’d suggest this for most Forumosans, too.)

Next, announce a lunch or dinner or something in your area, and invite people. Or a picnic. Preferrably something without smoking, so that people who don’t want lung cancer will feel welcome. I haven’t been back to Forumosa happy hours after my first one because the smoke was so thick, I started feeling ill after about an hour, and had a headache riding home. Then my clothes stank. Ugh. Why can’t there be any events for non-smokers?

On the north west corner of said crossroads is a bar called Malibu East. Often frequented by both foreigners and locals, good food, friendly service and some very good pool players. Generally, a good place to chill, have a beer and a chat with the regulars. I’m also known to pop in there on occassion. :beer:

[quote=“Dragonbones”]Why don’t you start by putting friendly info in your profile, which makes you seem more like a person and less like an anonymous poster? (I’d suggest this for most Forumosans, too.)

Next, announce a lunch or dinner or something in your area, and invite people. Or a picnic. Preferrably something without smoking, so that people who don’t want lung cancer will feel welcome. I haven’t been back to Forumosa happy hours after my first one because the smoke was so thick, I started feeling ill after about an hour, and had a headache riding home. Then my clothes stank. Ugh. Why can’t there be any events for non-smokers?[/quote]

Amen. :notworthy: I always have my eyedrops handy because at almost every Happy Hour I go to, I need them.

You see, Roach’s immediate response is a smoking bar. Sigh.

Eyedrops aren’t enough.
OK, so we need beer. Fine. 7-11 has beer. So you buy some beer and go out in a nice park. Smokers can smoke, yet nonsmokers can breathe. The beer is cheaper, the scenery nicer…
I just don’t get this BAR crap.

Maybe when JB’s gets its rooftop beer garden going we can all be happy there. Some other bars do have a bit of ‘outside’ space, Brass Monkey, Malibu West, My place. The latter two being in the ‘combat zone’ may not be up to some peoples high standards though…

A frind of mine sometimes goes to CKS where they have an outdoor coffee shop that sells Heineken for 80NT a bottle - pleasant atmosphere, fresh air, and plenty of activity to watch while sipping a beer… 7-11 is cheaper though…

Cool, roach, tks for the ideas. Yeah, that’s the kind of venue that’s perfect for both species.

That was at Alleycat’s pre-air-conditioning. :blush: His place is much better ventilated now. Also, the Happy Hour on Thursday is at Taipei Sports, which has French doors across the entire front of the establishment that I’m sure could be kept open if requested. The weather is warmer now, so I’m sure it won’t be a problem…

Thanks, MM; if you hadn’t posted that, I wouldn’t have shown up this Thursday. See you there!

can’t you guys plan these get togethers for a Saturday? Then us out of towners can come too.