Getting to the beach? Uber? Cab?

I want to get to Baixiawan for an event this weekend. It looks like MRT + bus is around 3 hours on google. Any guess on what it would cost from center city by taxi? It’s showing up as 40km and ~ 60-70 minutes in low traffic.

I saw uber now seems to just call a local cab. Is that right? Looking for the least painful way to get there with kids.

It will be very cold

take mrt to danshui and taxi or uber from there, will still be expensive though, around 400 nt each way by taxi.
if you go with friends you can share the cost of the cab.
OR
you can rent a car with friends, will cost you around 2000 nt for 24 hours and you can do some sight seeing too. sharing the cost with others will make it worth it.

1 Like

Where exactly are you in Greater Taipei? Which district?

We’re in Da’an. I think the downtown–>Danshui–> cab recommendation is pretty good. I’d probably happily spend 1000+ to get there if I didn’t have to lug anything.

To be honest. On the MRT. If you are close to the red line. It’s just sit on the train for about 50 min. Then 20 min to Sanzhi by bus. You wont be doing much lugging. 862 863 go to Baisha Wan.

860 comes often and goes close, after which a taxi is $100 ish. It’d be a tonne cheaper.
From Daan

From Danshui MRT

From Sanzhi

Thanks so much! One challenge is always google maps can be really off on time. It was telling me like 3 hours 20 minutes. If it’s 45 on the MRT and 45 on bus, that would be great by me. I may go to Sanzhi and then cab. That also seems reasonable.