Ghost Month 1-29 August 2019

Reminder just in case anyone is considering buying a house or getting married or any other taboo things not to do during ghost month.

Ghost Festival is 15 August.

1 Like

I was whistling earlier today alone together in the car with a friend of mine whose family is not religious and who has never expressed any type of religious or spiritual leanings. This person was upset.

were you whistling Rain Drops Keep Falling On My Head?

I was whistling bird sounds and saying 來來來.

i was told decades ago by a local guy that whistling was what Taiwanese parents did to get their children to pee, not joking

I had huuuge colossal one this year. One of those gigantic corporate office buildings with dozens of companies all at once.

I watched closely and studied the people and happenings. My conclusion is that Taiwanese are completely full of shit. He he Ho ho Ghost Month is got to go! He he Ho ho Ghost Month is got to go!

Today they told me before they cook food for the ghost and then they eat, but now they just buy stuff in the supermarket.

Yeah right haha. They respect the gods so much they offer them bags of the cheapest crap ever

1 Like

In Singapore they burn Ferrari’s, Benz, Rolex’s, miniature mansions, the more materially important the better. Wonder why that hasn’t taken up in Taiwan.

2 Likes

I wish I knew how to whistle.

gotta start somewhere

Just put your lips together and blow.

That’s what she said

I got caught out whistling today. Noticed a guy staring at me with a look on his face.

Trouble is, when you know you shouldn’t do it it’s almost impossible not to. Like when I used to work with an easily angered guy called Gordon and I kept reminding myself not to hum Gordon is a Moron. Which, of course, I ended up humming.

Is it OK to whistle at work during the day? I often do that to mask my insecurity and misery

1 Like

do you notice co-workers beginning to wet their pants?

1 Like

Haha!

There are some parts that still do, especially for «unborn» children. We interviewed a paper artist who specialized in making those paper homes, planes, clothes, etc.

1 Like

I’ve seen many of these at funeral areas. Last time I was at a funeral, the group next to us had a huge paper house - must have been like 4ft tall, three large fancy paper cars, and a ton of other smaller stuff.

Probably not for the gods though.