Giant spiders!

[quote=“jimipresley”]
Now why would they come through the pipes and wall to visit you when there are far tastier tidbits elsewhere? Perhaps to take a shower and have a comfortable nap?

Bleach is your friend.[/quote]

Perhaps they breed in their hundred and a few come over?

We don’t have any bleach in the house. I don’t like harsh chemicals, especially with a kid around.

We stick little roach traps under the sink and in the cupboards, and that keeps them down.

But I’ve got a lot of time for spiders. I generally make them scurry away before my wife finds them, lol!

They drink any water droplets and the little jerks even eat books, paper and cardboard. Given a choice, I’ll take four spiders over four hundred roaches any day of the week.[/quote]
I’ve heard their snack of choice is dust, aka the dead skin we shed everyday.

Get a cat… they will take care of it. I rather have one cute, furry, cuddly, cat than any spiders or roaches… Of course there’s the accompanying smell of cat litter and damages cat causes not to mention them making weird noises and being temperamental, but thats nothing compared to a house full of roaches or spiders.

What if Their Lordships think it is beneath their stature to even contemplate getting their paws dirty on a filthy roach? Mine used to play with them but now find them completely uninteresting. Not even the geckos arise their attention.

I’ve always been told that roaches come for the kibble. And I have found several floating in the pets’ water dishes. :sick:

I’ve found some in my closet. I presume they are not there for the food, but recently I discovered they come in through the A/C, and the closet is next to it, so it is the best hiding place. Next up is the broken door, which leads to the kitchen. And of course, our favorite, the ones that swim up the toilet pipes… Seriously. :astonished:

omg, where are you people living? old or new building?

I saw some real live Taiwan roaches for the first time today, holy shit those things are big and shifty! I think I would prefer the giant spider.

I still don’t understand this fear of cockroaches. They are clean, don’t bite, eat the eggs of flies and mosquitoes. Harmless little insects whose predilection for survival far supersedes ours. They’ll still be around when we have raped the planet so much that we starve ourselves out of existence. Go, roaches, go!

If that’s true, then they have just gone up a notch or two in my estimation…

40 year old, about to be demolished, next to wet market, falling apart crappy place that I love.

Um, not really. Perhaps those that have not been tracking through a sewer or drain or your toilet at some time in their life, but I would lay good odds that you’d find very few of them. And precisely how would you interview them to find out?

Um, not really. Perhaps those that have not been tracking through a sewer or drain or your toilet at some time in their life, but I would lay good odds that you’d find very few of them. And precisely how would you interview them to find out?[/quote]

Further, don’t they reside in their own feces?
Granted, standards of “clean” may be different in Rhodesia…

You’re all a bunch of psychopathic hallucinating lunatics. i’ve been living in Taiwan on and off for over twenty years, and I’ve never seen so much as a dust mite. Quit dropping acid and GET TO WORK!

Gimme your address. I’ll be happy to send a cornocopia of hallucinations by Black Cat Express -very appropiate.