Gillette M3power

Has anyone tried this thing out? I use the Mach 3 and like it, and I think this is supposed to be a vibrating Mach 3. Electronic pulses that raise the hairs so it can cut closer or some crap like that. Reviews from anyone who’s used it?

Surprisingly not that shit. I have my doubts as to whether the vibration thing is anything more than a gimmick, but a pretty damned good razor none the less. Don’t think I’d bother unless you’re in the market for a whole new razor though, 'cause there’s really not that much between it and the standard Mach 3.

This product is shite. It is expensive and hurts my sensitive skin. Due to my safardic jewish heratige, I’ve got a rought beard ans sensitive skin. Thus, in my mind there is only one way to get a great shave:

1. Silver tip badger brush ($$ but lasts a lifestime)
  2. Good soap from Caswell & Massy, Art of Shaving…etc…
  3. A straight or at least a safety razor, regular Mach 3s make a poor substitute
  4. Scalding hot water
  5. A good fluffy towel

Treat yourself to this once and you’ll get up the extra 15-20 min necessary to do it right.

[quote=“Elegua”]1) Silver tip badger brush ($$ but lasts a lifestime)
2) Good soap from Caswell & Massy, Art of Shaving…etc…
3) A straight or at least a safety razor, regular Mach 3s make a poor substitute[/quote]
I used to use 1 and 2 and they sure beat standard shaving foam. Elegua, do you happen to know where one can get such shaving accoutrements in Taipei?

As for the Gillette M3power, I think I’ll stick with my standard Mach 3 for now. It just seems to gimicky and way to pricey…

The price of the MP3 Power shaver is identical to the MP3, at least in the US. Plus, the blades can be used interchangeably.

I love Gillette products. And great name, the Mach 3. It just sounds so rugged and manly and power tool-esque.

I also use the mach 3 non vibrational one, and it’s great. I wish I had more hair to shave…that I could reach.

Either you have freakishly short arms or that was too much information.