Gillette

1547602274220-01

The ad is terrible. So SJW shit on it. I found interesting that the two or three first times that an adult gets lectured, it’s a black dude lecturing a white guy. I mean, there’s nothing wrong with one or another option, but I doubt that was done without intention.

The whole thing is vomitive.

As for the other ad from The Dollar Shave whatever, I’m not sure if I was missing something… :ponder:

2 Likes

I think the message was “men aren’t prefect, but they try, and are all quirky but lovable in their own unique way,” which I guess is really a message about humanity in general.

1 Like

5 Likes

n3NiTW5

4 Likes

Ds1lrfG

4 Likes

Ironically, as they say, there’s no such thing as bad publicity.

They are genius, bring up an inflammatory topic, kick the beehive, and watch the angry buzz form by itself. Now the name Gillette is in everyone’s head.

2 Likes

before-after-gillette-fusion-also-g%C3%B6nnt-euch%F0%9F%98%82%F0%9F%91%8D%F0%9F%8F%BB-14272451

2 Likes

Seems like classic advertising theory, but I don’t know. When I want a razor, the name Gillette is already in my head along with Bic and Schick. It would make more sense for a less well known brand

1 Like

kinda didn’t work for Colin Kaepernick, who can’t get any team to sign him.
Yes, it’s publicity, but sales volume will only go down for those razorheads

1 Like

Till now, I just bought whichever was cheapest. Big brand disposable razors are a commodity. Now I’m buying whatever isn’t Gillette.

1 Like

Don’t get me wrong, it’s a horrible ad campaign. That’s likely the thought process behind it though, let the contention generate buzz.
It may (and should) backfire though

I’m not 100% convinced about that, though. When Nike showed the kaeprnick (spelling?) ad their stock value quickly dropped from 85$ to 72$, that’s a fuckton of burned money. It’s slowly going back up, but today it’s still only at 76$. They claimed they increased online sales, but i don’t remember them mentioning anything about in-store results. Anyway, their stock value took a fairly heavy hit.

And this gillette stunt is receiving even more negative feedback than Nike’s, so I’m not sure how well it will turn out for them.

This is a shared thought among many people who watched that commercial. It’s not like the “boycott nike” movement…I mean, sure, you can buy products from competing brands like Reebok, Adidas or whatever, but it’s not like you buy a pair or pants, sneakers and a sweatshirt every month.
Razors, blades and cream are something that most people have to buy constantly, and if some people would now rather buy anything over gillette, I don’t think the ad can be considered a long term success.

Cheap is good. I need a double blade

Hardcore! We need a cute warrior acronym for the type of warrior you are.

In the end, I don’t think it will have much affect on revenue in either direction. But at least the Gillette execs feel like better people, and that’s what matters.

1 Like

actually, truth be told, the triple-blade is da bomb.

Sounds reasonable. I’d try it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gStI9ysPrhs

1 Like

Schick my Bic. :sunglasses:

1 Like