Girlfriend put ketchup on her salad, should I break-up?

My girlfriend put ketchup on her salad. I dry-heaved a couple of times, but made it through my sashimi squid.
Should I break-up?
Oh, and one other thing, I also saw her watching a Steven Seagal movie.

Yes. Without a doubt.

Ketchup on salad and Steven Seagal, and you have to ask?
No. Don’t break up. You’re made for each other.

Was the ketchup a good imported Western brand or watery Taiwanese ketchup-wannabe?

I knew it. Thanks. …But, I don’t know, what if deep down inside I’m the same as her, sometimes I feel this curiosity, this instinctual attraction towards portly men pretending to kung fu fight.

Now that’s just odd.

Steven Seagal is a living Buddha. You should buy a photo of him and bow to it every day.

I don’t know you, Groo, but I can’t help judging you: I can’t believe you’re that shallow! You are really going to break up over this?!

Please, reconsider. I mean, how long have you known her? Maybe it’s just an adjustment period or cultural difference? What if she’s really into you, can you imagine how hurt she’ll be? Please, just think about it first, ok.

PM me if you need more advice. I’m pretty good at this stuff.

Pass the pork floss please.

[quote=“tash”]I don’t know you, Groo, but I can’t help judging you: I can’t believe you’re that shallow! You are really going to break up over this?!

Please, reconsider. I mean, how long have you known her? Maybe it’s just an adjustment period or cultural difference? What if she’s really into you, can you imagine how hurt she’ll be? Please, just think about it first, ok.

PM me if you need more advice. I’m pretty good at this stuff.[/quote]

Wow, and I thought I was good at satire.

[quote=“Groo”][quote=“tash”]I don’t know you, Groo, but I can’t help judging you: I can’t believe you’re that shallow! You are really going to break up over this?!

PM me if you need more advice. I’m pretty good at this stuff.[/quote]

Wow, and I thought I was good at satire.[/quote]
Wow, and I thought people who were good at satire would also get my subtle sense of humor.

Oh, nevermind. Carry on with your satire. I’ll take my tongue and my cheek elswhere.

Bloody hell! My Taiwanese wife has long, shiny black hair, a beautiful olive-coloured skin, and almond shaped eyes.

Should I break up?

Only serious replies, please.

No tongue and cheek stuff, especially from tash!

[quote=“Anubis”]Bloody hell! My Taiwanese wife has long, shiny black hair, a beautiful olive-coloured skin, and almond shaped eyes.
Should I break up?
[/quote]
OK, I see your case is really serious, so I’ll give you my best bitter-western-woman advice.

Hmmm… Let’s see, I don’t know you, Anubis, but I can see that she’s gorgeous and that you’re old, fat, bald, ugly, hate your job (who wouldn’t hate teaching 4yos at your age) you know you’re a loser and we all know you’re a loser and you know we know, but she doesn’t understand English and she’s never met a foreigner outside Taiwan, so she has no clue what a real man is supposed to be like.

So, from that in-depth analysis it would seem like your safest bet is to stay with her.

Howeverrrr, if you stay with her, you can never go back home. You know that.
The moment you step off that plane, they’re gonna snatch her away from you and you’ll let them because you know you were never supposed to have her in the first place.

But I’m just as ugly, fat, old, etc. as you are, so if you pick me, you know you’ll never lose me and it’d be safe to travel and we can leave this horrible place and go somewhere where we can both feel good about ourselves like America or Albania or something.

Leave her, pick me!

That was without tongue. Just cheek.

EDIT: Uh… scratch that Albania reference. I just remembered I recently met a gorgeous Albanian girl. That kind of kills that argument for me.
Maybe put Germany instead.

My buddy is from England and puts ketchup on everything. Bagels with cream cheese, pizza, etc. :loco: He assures me that it is common to see people in the UK put ketchup on their pizza, I’m not buying buying it. :no-no:

That actually reminds me… Bosnians put mayo on pizza! I’m not kidding. Gross.
Now, if that’s not a real deal-breaker…

I don’t believe White Tiger’s post. It’s tomato sauce.

There is no mention in the Original post if there were tomatoes in the salad. Potatoes are quite bland.

I mean in addition to the tomato sauce. haha

My aunt is Irish and eats sandwiches made from the following ingredients;

1. Ketchup
  2. White bread

[quote=“tash”]That actually reminds me… Bosnians put mayo on pizza! I’m not kidding. Gross.
Now, if that’s not a real deal-breaker…[/quote]

And don’t get started about Serbians…

tash said about Anubis:

Very true. :blush: :s

tash said about herself:

[quote]But I’m just as ugly, fat, old, etc. as you are[/quote]Not true at all. You are quite lovely, I saw some pics of you and erhu from the Happy Hour. :laughing: