Give me some good diversification ideas for stocks or other asset classes

FINALLY. Hoping for at least a 10% drop in the S&P, 15 would be even better.

Apart from Evergrande other Chinese real estate developers had their stock collapse 80% today. Will be interesting to watch if it spills into crypto will all that Chinese “commercial paper” backing stable coin Tether/USDT (a genius strategy for Chinese companies that can’t get their junk bonds financed to still get USD from western crypto nerds).

Is it just me or does IB always crash, when there is some movement in the markets?

https://www.fisherinvestments.com/en-us/marketminder/putting-chinas-evergrande-saga-in-perspective

So, Xi can stop the bleeding and set the bone, but will he or will he poohpooh the whole thing?

Might slow down the economy of China significantly, potentially leading to social unrest. Not good. Probably won’t affect the US market that much, though. Market overreacts as usual. I see any correction, for whatever reason, now as an opportunity to buy at a cheaper price. But until the long-predicted huge crash comes, I will take profit whenever a stock has a burst of a run. I only diamond hand my remaining AMC shares, just for the fun of it.

China Evergrande Group’s main unit Hengda Real Estate Group Co Ltd said on Wednesday that it would make a bond interest payment on Sept. 23.
In a statement, Hengda said it would make the coupon payment on its Shenzhen-traded 5.8% September 2025 bond.

They are paying the Chinese bonds. I bet foreign bonds will get shifted though! lol
They owe $669 Million in interest payments by the end of the year.

1 Like

The we broke the world boomerang has come full circle.

This week will be interesting :popcorn:

To be fair, every week is interesting… Ha ha ha

Impressive production numbers and sales.
TSMC had dropped back a bit, probably worth sticking a few more bucks in.

BTC on the rise. I enjoyed a nice ride with BTBT (a crypto miner) yesterday (+30%), seems I sold too early, today further up 15% and counting. Love those volatile stocks.
:laughing:

Nio looks pretty good entry point. Invest on a two yr horizon at least…Predicted to be profitable by then. That’s when the stock will really pop.

Those if you put 10k in this stock ten months ago, you’d have articles should be flagged. I’d rather they talk to folks who actually did it not spread the FOMO bacteria.

That said, COIN broke through $300 last week, and I am now only down single digits.

My bank and oil stocks have been growing as fat as a Taiwan temple pig right before the big day.

CMA (up +50%), KYN and VLO doing real nice. My REITS are heading to 15-20% gains.

2 Likes

Just added some SNAP, hope they snap back after falling 25% on Friday.

Tesla is all time high. :grin:

1 Like

Yeah, that’s a train I keep missing on purpose. I’m playing the rare earth elements miners. MP, which I own and FCX which is like a bellwether

I’ve loaded up on banks and oil too as well as VFV etf. It’s been a sweet month

1 Like

And I sold. Thanks Elon, but I’m out :v:

Me too. Lock the gains. Might get back in when it drops again
:roller_coaster:

Why not just set a sell stop?