Give me some good diversification ideas for stocks or other asset classes

Lots of new material, probably enough for one or two episodes of Tales from the Crypt.

Has anyone had any experience with I Savings Bonds? How long do you think the high inflation rate will run?

Individual - Buying Series I Savings Bonds (treasurydirect.gov)

These seem to be limited to American Citizens and Green Card holders. You can only buy $10,000 a year. If/when inflation drops, the return drops but at least its still risk-free. I noticed there are links for buying it as a gift or for planning for college costs

I have some. It’s a savings bond with a inflation tracking component… pretty straight forward. What sort of experience are you looking for?

Thank you. I imagine you may have bought it online through the TreasuryDirect account. I am curious how you feel about it. For education planning, I suppose one way to go about it is to buy the maximum amount for several years and then draw down from it when the need arises years later (these are tax free, aren’t they?)

Jim Rogers wants commodities and precious metals. Shocker.

So, anyone have any money left? lol

I wonder if the commodities fall has reached bottom.

FCX and MP have dropped 40+%. I’m nibbling.

I think I will buy a Tesla share for my collection.

Harley Davidson used to offer one framed share to hang on the wall. One. People bought them.

Current quarter production numbers look low, but that is due to China lockdown. It will certainly look much better by the end of the year. But who knows if WW3 or something else comes up. :grin:

In that case, I won’t worry too much about my TSLA share, I think…

So, one of my SPAC stocks from two years back is back on the radr.

VLTA, the EV charging co, is up about 25% in the last couple of days. It’s early, but up 6% today. I bought in low, when I thought it couldn’t go lower. It did, and I bought more, and it went even lower. Now, we wait. :popcorn:

From bad to worse for COIN

1 Like

MP got a big bump yesterday. Going to be listed on the S&P MIdcap 400 Wednesday. wutwut!

25 days later my TESLA share is up 30%.
Should have bought two.

2 Likes

You might have 3 shares soon.

The stock split (1to3) vote is coming up this week. Tesla might release some plans and this can drive it more higher.
Split does not add any valuation to a company, but that still drove Tesla stock a lot last time. :grin:

EV shares jumped today after the DC news.

VLTA the charging box company popped 14%. I scooped up a bunch in the 1.50, coming even soon. Could make a bunch soon as well. One of those. Own enough to sell half and still make more later stock. A be responsible miracle.

I bought back in April. With a 3 month interest penalty if you sell at one year, it’s a guaranteed 6% return and it’s pretty much the safest investment out there with that kind of return. Only downside is only a $10k limit. Best 1 year savings return I will probably ever get. Need to choose to buy them in March and September so you can see what interest rates are offered.

1 Like

What did you buy? And where?

Oh looks like it didn’t reply successfully to the above post. This was a response for the Ibonds question.

1 Like

Are IBonds a Taiwan thing?