Give me some good diversification ideas for stocks or other asset classes

go for it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’m good!

And while the endgame here is clear to all, few are willing to say it out loud for fear of retaliation by the Erdogan regime (no really, he has been known to throw people in jail for recommending a Turkish lira short); yet one bank which decided to double down on Goldman’s dire view of how it all plays out is Morgan Stanley, which in a note last week (available to pro subscribers in the usual place), wrote that the turkish lira plummeting to 28 by the end of the year, is likely in the cards (in our view, that’s a rather optimistic take since the lira is about to become the new Bolivar where soon new zeroes are added daily if not hourly).

Come back in a year and buy a condo?

Switch to China. Whoorps!

When I visited last year not much was cheap though, as they continually raise the prices. In fact some stuff was surprisingly expensive.

Yeah I have been following the news out of China, it looks like they are in bad shape.

Makes me doubt the tech revival. Seems top led. But the AI thing is hard to pass on.

Hmmm

I can see millions of skilled Chinese move to Germany in near future. But to who we will sell our products in futures.

Chinese will work in Germany, so German capitalists can sell to Indians.Oh the irony.

As long we buy American gas everything will be fine

2 Likes

You must have looked at our sales sheet this year. Farrkkk.

1 Like

Bought NVG and NMZ today. News letter recommended.

Taiwanese investors have been the main losers in the sudden collapse of a Cyprus-based investment firm.

Who has big balls to short Nvidia ? Idea is to put 10 % of my portfolio now and 10 % next year.

will Nvidia “fill the gap up”? perhaps

People shorted Tesla in 2020.

I’m go with nope. No touchy. I may look at palantir when the hubbub dies down. Otherwise I have NASDAQ funds that cover all tech.

This was about when the FED + federal government came with stimulative package of century.
We have 5 % interest rate now, with stable American economy German economy went to slightly recession and there is youth unemployment in China. Commodities prices went down a lot, probably cause international demand is weaker.

Nvidia will come down within 2 years. I give like 70% probability for it. The question of shorting is always about decay ofc and opportunity cost of simple not being long. I can either short with long term puts = insurance for recession or get into simple reverse ETF like NVDS,which comes with better decay.

What about BioNTech and ai play? AI won’t help develop new vaccine and cancer treatment?

Sure, but not next week. I’m not going to read any long term tea leaves into biotech. Or AI for that matter. Too much mud in the water. Let’s get the recession done first.

Anyone here with forex expertise/knowledge? I’m negotiating some distributorship deals with farm supply companies here in Japan for my newest product ((https://www.agribotics.asia)) and am trying to figure out what manufacturing cost to use but the future direction of the yen vs TWD or USD is a big factor in that calculation.

I assumed the yen would strengthen once Japan’s border opened post-pandemic but that hasn’t been the case. Any ideas on what the future direction of the yen is would be “appreciated” (NPI).

Long-time American friend has lived in Japan for nearly 3 decades, with financial industry job background.
He sees Yen going to 200 or more. He’s very bearish.
There’ll be ups and downs of course, but he is adamant that that’s the trend.

I guess a tanking currency is to be expected when your national debt is over 260% of GDP, the highest on the planet. If the yen goes to 200 Japan will become a third-world country since it’s so dependent on imports.

COIN is crashing premarket.