Give me some good diversification ideas for stocks or other asset classes

Most of those 24 Hour Fitness, LA Fitness, etc. class trainers (at the gym) in the US have been doing online video workouts with their “clients” (who are actually gym goers before gyms shut down) as they all had FB contacts previously.
Those gym teachers will make out, because they can charge “clients” directly and keep the difference.
Gyms will be under restrictions like 1 person per 36 sq. ft. Those yoga/zumba classes won’t handle it.
I think @Andrew0409 is correct.
More online video gym classes.

Golds Gym already announced or will announce bankruptcy.
24 Hours Fitness said it would around end-May/June.

EDIT: Equinox Gold Corp (high-end gym at $300/month for global membership) to reopen but limiting members to 3 ninety-minute workouts per week and then standby afterwards.
That’s a high-end low-member gym.
Those mass-market gyms (Golds, LA Fitness, 24 Hrs.) cannot live like that. Most mass-market gym members won’t ever get a chance to even step inside their gym.

2 Likes

Thats some good feedback folks . Stay off the politics and we can have productive conversations .

2 Likes

Net loss of 49 million, better than projected, however.

But, subscriptions doubled and revenue also doubled. Good signs.

That was a good pick, I would not have touched that stock with a ten foot barge pole.

I tell you what…I have a strong urge to get the hell out and travel again. Back on the road…In the air. I’m doing my head in already.

1 Like

Yeah, me too. Like Virgin Galactic style.

PLanet Fitness is down today…4-5%

CA gym owners are calling on the Gov to let them reopen. My neighbor owns a gym. They keep bringing equipment back to their house. They are feeling it. You can’t do roadside elliptical.

AbbVie Raised to Overweight From Neutral by JP Morgan

Dow Jones

1 Like

Uber is looking to buy Grubhub.

GH is up 30% on the rumors

1 Like

OKE up big today too. I think I mentioned that before. Oil prices are up…FWIW.

It was, and still is a high risk stock. New tech company that has not been profitable yet is always a risk. But as they say, high risk high reward.

I just truely feel this is going to get bigger. I see a huge market of young adults around 30 who have come into some money and promoted to good positions buying this. I see most of my friends on IG posting about this and they are those young professionals in the city who are moving up from the grunt work of entry level positions in their early 20s.

Possibility also bored house wives as well.

AbbVie closed its acquisition of Allergan on Friday, and J.P. Morgan, which had advised Allergan on the deal, is now free of the restrictions that had kept it from showing its love for AbbVie’s stock.

J.P. Morgan analyst Chris Schott on Tuesday raised his rating on AbbVie shares (ticker: ABBV) to Overweight from Neutral and named the drugmaker one of J.P. Morgan’s top ideas.

AbbVie’s “valuation remains at steep discount vs. Major Pharma peers and we see significant upside for shares from here,” Schott said in his note. He believes that the stock can rise to $105 by the end of the year.

In early Tuesday trading, AbbVie shares were up 3%, to $90.80. So far this year, AbbVie is up about 3%, compared with a decline of 9% in the S&P 500.

1 Like

Take a look at this:
In less than two weeks, investors may learn more about China’s economy than at any other time since the coronavirus emerged from Wuhan to ravage the world economy.

The National People’s Congress is scheduled to meet May 22, and some investors are preparing for the possible release of economic stimulus measures during a gathering that typically lasts 10 days. China’s top legislative body was scheduled to meet March 5, but the coronavirus outbreak interfered with those plans.

Now, J.P. Morgan is telling clients to bullishly position in anticipation that Chinese stocks may rally higher in reaction to news of fiscal stimulus. The recommendation is sharply at odds with readings in the options market that indicate investor fear toward China has rarely been higher in the past decade, indicating that more investors are preparing for China’s stock market to decline than advance.

“Skew,” which is often used by investors to gauge the likelihood of a stock’s direction, is near a decade high for the iShares China Large-Cap ETF (ticker: FXI). The reading means that investors have bought loads of bearish puts on a leading China equity proxy in anticipation of a decline. When skew is at an extreme level, as it is now for options that expire in two months, it often means that investors are so scared that they are willing to pay any price to buy puts to hedge.

Yet, FXI did not decline as much as the S&P 500 Index since mid-March when it became evident that the coronavirus was a global pandemic. The proxies have tracked each other since late April, reinforcing J.P. Morgan’s controversial thesis to bullishly wager on China’s large-cap stocks at a time when so many others are concerned that the world’s second-largest economy is in rough shape.

Shawn Quigg, a J.P. Morgan derivatives strategist, advised his clients late last week that the odds of FXI’s trading lower might be limited. If the NPC moves to support the economy, and President Donald Trump proceeds with more trade talks, Chinese equities could bound higher. Quigg is so confident in this view that he has advised clients to take advantage of FXI’s elevated skew by selling puts and buying upside calls. When Quigg first proposed his trade, the ETF was at $38.20, and it has since inched higher.

With the ETF now around $39, investors can sell FXI’s June $35 put and buy the June $40 call for 27 cents. The “risk reversal”—selling a put and buying a call with a higher strike price but similar expiration—is often used to monetize investor fear and position for rallies. The strategy is a favorite of many investors when confronted with extreme fear as evidenced by expensive puts, and trading catalysts that could change opinions from bearish to bullish.

If the NPC announces measures to reopen the economy, or offers details about how the government will support the economy with stimulus, China’s stocks—and those of the world—may rally higher. Should the NPC fail to announce anything economically significant, the opposite could happen.

Anyone who considers J.P. Morgan’s trade must be willing to buy FXI at $35, which is the key risk. If FXI is at $45 at expiration, the call is worth $5.

During the past 52 weeks, FXI has ranged from $33.11 to $45.29. The ETF is down about 11% this year, compared with a 9% decline for the S&P 500 Index.

hmmmmmmm

I’m thinking to buy some tencent stock and a couple of Chinese airline stocks on HK stock exchange.

I just sent that article to my 403b guy. I’d like to ride a pop and run for the hills with dollars falling out of my pockets.

It’s good she put some numbers to their research.

1 Like

What do you guys think about energy stocks like BP, Exxon, Shell?

1 Like

like JD said.

I haven’t looke at stock prices, but if they haven’t moved, look into railway transportation, trucking, etc. as deliveries try to ramp up to factories, etc.

OKE is all I have now. My 403b guy says nooooooooo, like no to Helen Hunt noooooo to big oil right now.

Something to consider if you have or are thinking of buying Gilead stocks

1 Like

Has anyone looked into Aston Martin? It’s sooooooo cheap right now. I wouldn’t hold them long term but it could be a way to make money if it rebounds just a little.

Rolls Royce also looks interesting so low.

The only car Co that Ive seen good news for was Ferrari.