Give me some good diversification ideas for stocks or other asset classes

And I am not on that spaceship

And I am fine with that, I don’t like the idea of following what is trendy

Maybe that’s the reason I will never be rich

And I am fine with that too :wink:

Yeah. Too much speculation.
Some people gambled and got rich with Tesla or Bitcoins. More luck than anything. Good for them.
I had my small share of it too.

Yeah I have made some decent crypto money but not rich. If I had stuck some money way back into Tesla I would be. But it was a big gamble back then, yes.
It’s stressful for sure trying to ride those rocketships.

As I started the thread I was looking for less stressful
diversified investments but most of it ended being highly speculative volatile stuff.

I may put some more NTD into TSMC and buy more Apple and CCL.

We could start a boring dividend thread.

1 Like

Ehmmm on second thoughts .:grin:
Still if you have some picks jot them down.

Those are in here…not sure what the OP was expecting. Relative to crypto just about everything in this thread is less risk.

1 Like

I’ll see what I can do. My latest Brett Owens pick is CMA, a solid 5% dividend with some upside.

I still own FAX, AWF, ACRE and they just churn out the dividends.

This is unfortunate.

Nonresident aliens are subject to a dividend tax rate of 30% on dividends paid out by U.S. companies. If you are a resident alien and hold a green card—or satisfy resident rules—you are subject to the same tax rules as a U.S. citizen.

If I bought US stocks in HK does that still apply ? Im guessing no.

Any experienced investors with some guidance here ?

@rooftopclown

There were some good suggestions but SPACs are in reality super volatile. Not that I don’t like making quick money if I can.

Yeah, SPACs are the summer fling that you run into at the mall with your wife. “Honey, this is Nikola…err…a friend from work.”

1 Like

Time to buy QS, haha.

Nikola, as volatile and toxic it is, has made some traders a whole lot of money. Those ups and downs are like surfing in Hawaii, if you know what you doing.

Well, I have a few SPAC IPOs left over. They’re getting there, but if’n I could go back, I’d have sold them all after their ridiculous initial runups.

I heavily researched battery tech years ago. It’s notorious for bring an area where new tech is proposed all the time but it’s actually production efficiency of Li ion batteries has proven crucial for twenty years.

I see huge potential in fuel cells and hydrogen/ammonia tech myself now as that tech starts to become more cost efficient along with over ample supplies of renewable energy . Ammonia because it’s easier to make and store than pure hydrogen and ships can run on it. Possibly trains too.

1 Like

IIUC it depends on your tax residence, not on which exchange you transact.

The one way I know to avoid it is to use US stock ETFs domiciled in Ireland. Ireland has a tax treaty with the US, lowering dividend withholding to a more palatable 15%. But that would force you to buy funds rather than individual stocks.

1 Like

The clown a fountain of investment knowledge as always, thanks. I’m looking to buy into one or two ETFs actually.

I think the GA erections have caused some certainty in the mrkt.

JPM is up 3% in premrkt. And oil is back over 50$, my nat gassers are up over 5% in two days.

And as a bonus, ABC is buying Walgreens Health Unit and is 6% prmrkt.

yoinks, ALL my banks stocks are up big. Fire up the FED printing machines.

MF article just out:

The opportunity
Synovus began 2020 trading around $40 per share and 153% tangible book value. At Monday’s close, it traded at $32.69 per share, or almost 120% tangible book value. The stock dropped 18% in 2020, which is more of a decline than many of the major bank indexes experienced. There should be plenty of room for growth, especially if management can hit its targets and possibly grow pre-tax income by more than $100 million in the Synovus Forward initiative. Synovus also has plenty of capital, which will allow it to support loan growth in its fast-growing markets and also potentially repurchase shares. With all of these tailwinds, I expect 2021 to be a breakout year for the stock.

SNV has been in my portfolio for a year or so. I’m up 96% as of right now. An Owen’s pick.

He also likes TFSL and CMA, as I’ve previously stated.

He doesn’t see the trail ending for these guys in the near future.

3 Likes

I still have a lot of Pfizer stocks, they haven’t done as well as I imagined. Not sure if I’ll keep holding onto them. Maybe something in tech, those are big winners for me.

2 Likes

Probably didn’t age well .

I’ll probably dump my non IRA PFE stock to fill our IRA contributions. There are easier places to make money.