Give me some good diversification ideas for stocks or other asset classes

DTE reports earnings tomorrow.

GDX parent co is going to open a “Digital ETF.” hellooo sailor. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

I think PLTR is only to grow, so I’m going to hold that for a long time

You do that. Theres a lot of tree shaking left I think. PLTR doesn’t get a lot of contracts…maybe a few per year…big but enough to maintain interest? dunno

I made my money and gtfout.

:clap::clap:
I just invested in them lol. It just depends on our investment window .

3 Likes
1 Like

Overall, 72% of respondents to our study believe Workhorse deserves the contract and is the right company for USPS

Let’s keep riding that horse then

I was thinking of getting max $500 of pltr . Seems a good price now.

Did you guys watch the US Congress meeting today on C-SPAN? So many of the speakers not answering direct questions and just running out the clock

Isn’t that just like asking penguins is snow and ice good for them ?

In our survey of a thousand penguins, 80% of penguins said yes, the rest were too busy chasing fish and escaping killer whales to answer.

I am sure, if you present penguins with alternatives to ice and snow they will weigh their options, especially if there is good seal protection thrown in.

1 Like

It was for show. How can you answer Yes or No to any of those questions?

Hope so.

Not too shabby and the spinoff looks on target:

DETROIT, Feb. 19, 2021 – DTE Energy (NYSE:DTE) today reported it has made significant progress on its plan to spin off its non-utility natural gas pipeline, storage and gathering business into a new stand-alone independent, publicly traded company, to be named DT Midstream and headquartered in Detroit, Mich. The separation is expected to benefit both DTE Energy and DT Midstream, including by unlocking significant shareholder value and positioning each business to best serve the interests of their respective stakeholders.

DTE Energy has commenced the Form 10 registration process with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and remains on track to complete the spin-off of DT Midstream by mid-year 2021 [subject to final approval by the Company’s Board of Directors, a Form 10 registration statement being declared effective by the SEC, regulatory approvals and satisfaction of other conditions]. Under the separation plan, DTE Energy shareholders will retain their shares of DTE Energy stock and receive a pro-rata dividend of shares of DT Midstream stock. The separation transaction is expected to be tax-free to DTE Energy and its shareholders for U.S. federal income tax purposes.

As previously announced, following the spin-off DTE Energy will be a predominantly pure-play regulated electric and natural gas utility with superior earnings growth, a strong capital investment plan and a proven record of cost management . DT Midstream will be a premier natural gas pipeline, storage and gathering provider with significant growth and value creation opportunities as a standalone, publicly traded company. The separation transaction is not expected to have any adverse impact on DTE Energy’s utility operations, customers or customer rates.

Midstream’s zero carbon goal announced

In January , DTE’s Midstream business announced its goal to achieve net zero greenhouse gas emissions by 2050; achieving 30% of this carbon emissions reduction in the next decade. This goal ensures that DT Midstream will be a leader in its sector, and underscores that the new company will be committed to operating responsibly and sustainably.

David Slater, who will become president and CEO of DT Midstream following the spin-off, said, “We are committing to do our part to address climate change. Our goal not only supports sustainability, it also answers a marketplace need for pipeline, storage and gathering partners who share their customers’ focus on environmental stewardship.”

Even without the yes or no, their goal was to dance around for hours and say nothing. They would make good future politicians.

WHy take the pay cut?

Not surprisingly, PLTR is crushing it today.

I love buying in stock in Germany! You get to buy before the US premarket opens.
Loaded up with $PLTR for cheap and it jumped up once Americans got their turn.
Up 10% in a day.

2 Likes

Where are we in this chart at this point, I wonder. I think well above Enthusiasm.

I don’t have much money in stocks to begin with, but I am going to move out before April I think. Will keep some solid ones and load the trucks once again when Despair has set in.

What are the stocks least affected by a market crash?

Solid advice here, I think.

2 Likes

It was a very red day for most of the market.