Give me some good diversification ideas for stocks or other asset classes

I’m now 20% XAW and VFV etf and the rest cash gang. Might regret this in a few months

The DOW is at 33,800.

The last chance for a good retirement Boomer money is coming in. I’d say it’ll be 35K before we get a pullback.

Is there? Where? People CAN work, and people WANT to work. Something…something big and stoopid is in the way.

Still hoping this holds true. The inflation fear seems to manifest.

1 Like

I wonder if these things are connected. :ponder:

自言自語

COIN is set to open at $250

I put in a limit order for 7 shares at open (whenever that happens today). After watching the pre-opening prices yesterday, I set my order limit for $290 per share. It is possibly too low, but with the automated system buying at open, fingers crossed it will go through.

Good luck!

Now saying 340ish…

Wouldn’t be surprised if COIN hits 500

Coinbase stock indicated to open around $380.05, implying a valuation of $99 bln

showtime!

Valuation is too high I think. I put in a bid at 300.

Looks like the retail folks are all in. Pass…for now.

Retail Traders Going ‘All In’ For Coinbase Listing, Broker Says – Barrons.com

1:19 pm ET April 14, 2021 (Dow Jones) Print

Avi Salzman

Coinbase designed its public stock offering to let retail investors get in on the ground floor. Now that ground floor is rising fast, and demand has been enormous for the shares. Investors at one broker focused on the millennial ad Gen-Z crowd are willing to set remarkably high limit orders to get in.

“We’ve been taking orders since 7 a.m. this morning. We have hundreds of thousands of orders waiting to go into stock,” said Anthony Denier, CEO of broker Webull, a competitor to Robinhood that attracts younger investors. “This IPO is the most talked about stock I have ever seen since GameStop. That is kind what it feels like. It has that it has that same sense of: ‘This is our opportunity’”

Webull has been preparing for days and increased its cloud-computing capacity just for this event.

On Tuesday, Nasdaq revealed that the reference price for Coinbase stock was $250. The reference price is simply a benchmark for investors, based on recent private trading activity. A little after noon on Wednesday, just ahead of the opening of trading, the opening price was indicated at $371 on Nasdaq. In a traditional initial public offering, banks run the show, determining the opening price and generally giving their clients a first crack at buying. But in a direct listing like Coinbase’s, other investors get to bid on the shares too before the opening.

Denier said that investors can only put limit orders in, and that and he was seeing clients put in enormous numbers – as high as $2,000, which would mean they are willing to buy at a valuation for the company of more than $500 billion.

Normally, Webull can’t process limit orders that are well above current prices because market-makers will send them back to the broker, and it can be a drain on the entire system. But he said that Webull is extending what it will accept for this event.

And the numbers keep going up. “From what we see, retail is all in,” he said.

Yeah, made a little bit and ran when it was clear there wasn’t going to be a massive run up. Will get back in later as I do think it’s interesting long term.

You all can laugh at me if does take off later in the day…I won’t mind. :smirk:

No shame there. Money is money. Exit plans are good.

1 Like

Enough to pay for the little getaway we have planned this weekend, I’m certainly not going to complain about that.

1 Like

DOW trending down…COIN losing steam. Count yerself lucky!

I nibbled in at 363.

1 Like

The stock market is Monopoly for adults except it’s played with real money.

No, it’s not. If you believe that, don’t invest. Or be adult and invest in non speculative equities or boring bond funds and leave the speculative stuff to the folks with iron guts and diamond hands.