Give me some good diversification ideas for stocks or other asset classes

I’m kind of fed up of WFH now.
I have a great bunch of colleagues around the world miss meeting them.
But in general.WFH is a really nice concept when you mix it up with office, visiting customers etc.

1 Like

This part will go back, yes, except not gyms so much, I think. They’ve been a thing people have been sort of habitually participating in, though a lot of people sign up then barely show up.

Personally I’ve had memberships before but found no need for them in recent years, vast majority of people get diminishing returns on gym vs. home, plus it’s so much time spent back and forth.

I guess for some it’s social but I don’t think that’s for many, at least the idea of it being social has been more an ideal than something real for most.

Increased work from home, increased ordering online, home gyms, less eating out, more delivery, this stuff will stick harder I believe. Outside of the value of the enjoyment of nature, which can’t be delivered, ultimately people want to revert to convenience more and more, covid accelerated this curve.

Smart bosses will do this knowing they did their homework on people when they hired them.

Incompetent bosses/companies will resist and try to stay rigid with micromanagement and promoting a theme that people at home = less productive.

2 Likes

I think you hit the nail on the head here. Employers who don’t trust their employees failed when hiring. If you hire the wrong people they won’t perform regardless where they work. If you hire the right people you get them work even harder when giving them perks like flexible hours and working from home when work allows.

1 Like

Also not a horrible way to gain insight into the competence of companies you might want to invest in.

Not an extreme example but:

Google on Wednesday said it now expects 20% of its employees to work from home after its offices reopen later this year.

The company, which owns extensive Silicon Valley real estate, had previously taken a more strict approach to the return to work as the Covid pandemic has forced companies to close offices and have employees telecommute. Now, as some technology workers see other employers offering greater flexibility, Google is relaxing its approach.

In December the company announced a plan to have workers spend three days a week in the office.

Now, Google expects that 60% of its employees will be on site for a few days a week, with 20% working in new office locations and 20% working from home, Google CEO Sundar Pichai wrote in an email to employees, noting that most employees would like to be on campus sometimes.

“Before the pandemic, we had thousands of people working in locations separate from their core teams. I fully expect those numbers to increase in the coming months as we develop more remote roles, including fully all-remote sub teams,” Pichai wrote.

Money moving back into tech it seems.

Holy moly, today is going to be very ugly…

Double digit minuses across the board, let’s get the popcorn and see what’s going to happen at 9:30

1 Like

Not today it’s not.

I wrote that four days ago…

I agree.

better? :wink:

Hey not so bad after all, I don’t understand what’s going on… :woozy_face:

It’s been a while, AMC ripping to the high side again. Up 15%. Glad I am still hodling some. :moneybag:

30% at one point

A lot of outdoor activities, in the us at least, have been up during Covid - bikes selling like crazy, gardening, running, etc.

2 Likes

I should have been more clear. With a lot of people working from home, stuff like Peleton took off , but with people going back to the office, devices like Peleton and zoom will be needed less as people become more active. Not that they weren’t going out before.

1 Like

How is it “rising”?
It’s 258+ today, down 2.4%.
Its peak was 428+ on IPO day.

Looks like TAIEX is going down due to the Covid cluster. I am thinking about investing in this since it might be available at a bargain. Does anyone know what’s the cheapest and most convenient method to start investing in TAIEX as an ARC holder and current resident in Taiwan?

Bitcoin and the rest of them go BRRRRaaap…wow, down 20% in premarket.

Never sell.

1 Like