Give me some good diversification ideas for stocks or other asset classes

Ah, I see why the dividend is high, it’s a REIT. I might buy a bit.

I have a couple individual REIT stocks but I’ve been burnt on them before (highly recommend ones like data center), so I also bought the REM ETF and REML (the 2x leveraged version) – that’s treated me well since buying last fall.

Could’ve been those ten trucks that were ordered!

Ah the good old days when we were fresh faced and pure!

62.55+30.51 (+95.22%)
At close: June 2 4:00PM EDT

58.47 -4.08 (-6.52%)
Pre-Market: 07:37AM EDT

uh-oh.

So 11 million more shares on the market…

Dropped almost 20 dollars in an hour. This will be another interesting day.

FOMO people won’t enjoy this movie ~~

I can hear the dumbasses on reddit screaming HODDDDLLL

No. Sell. yesterday at 3:59PM.

1 Like

Yeah, but the short squeeeeze has not even started… :wink:

Do you have the stats on that?

I have no clue, but you can hear this all over social media.

It must be troo!

Btw, I was moving some money around today. Sold GDX for 4.5% gain and bought APTS on Owen’s rec. had some money sitting there and bought AMC after an 18% slide. I’m up 7% in the time it took to write this post.

Or buy today 10am… hahaha

1 Like

Ah I had an amazing return on APTS back in 2015/2016 but then it tanked. It’s making it’s way back up finally

I think they cut their div last year a bit too deep or something. It’s 6.95% now.

Owens rec of AIRC was a month or so ago…up 8% now. Looks like people are paying rent again.

The pattern is predictable. If hedge funds pump up a stock, you better get out that day. Sure you can lose a few bucks if it goes up more, but generally the hedge funds cash out quick. Easy money from FOMO retail suckers who never learn.

This is what I told my son, Friday, over the weekend, Monday Tuesday yesterday and for the final time…today.

Not that it matters…it’s coming baaaaack. I’m up 7% again, after being down 25.

1 Like

Playing with highly volatile stocks or crypto is similar to gambling and playing the lottery. You get a rush from thinking about “What if?” and dreaming about getting rich overnight. Problem is, this mindset is not helpful when making decisions. You’ll get in too late, get out too late, take unhealthy risks, like buying on margin, trust questionable advice, be overly confident, don’t do research, well, all the typical mistakes.

Getting rich overnight should never be the goal, it’s not healthy. I am a bit old school and believe in hard work to earn a living, especially if you are young. If you invest later on and are rewarded for it, that is OK. Let your well earned money work for you a bit.

Bottom line is, always take the damn profits, bit by bit, when it goes up. Will always come back crushing down, then, go back in bit by bit, the further down it goes. As long as the company in question is solid and the overall prospects are good, it will go back up.

That’s my amateur theory anyway.

2 Likes

Don’t show your son…

1 Like

That’s a nice drop , why so big ?
Might buy a few shares in Tesla.

Well, it’s a REIT so by law it pays 80% of actual profits as the dividend

1 Like