Gives foreigners a bad name, how does this happen here?

“Neighbors frequently observed large numbers of people entering his apartment and women frequently leaving battered and bruised.”

wut?? this guy just beats up women for his hobby in his luxury apartment and all the neighbours know about it??

so all you need to do is be some random crack dealer and you can turn up in asia and you can become a successful DJ and beat up women for fun willy nilly? can’t say i’m surprised to be honest.

Story has holes in it… many holes…

2 Likes

Yeah I’m not sure that’s based on any searing investigative journalism or anything, as has been noted in the kman thread

I’m seeing fewer foreigners in Taiwan. Maybe we’re getting weeded out.

Why does this give foreigners a bad name? You can find bad apples everywhere. The idea that in any given country, every foreigner will be Mr. Clean is silly.

If anything, the fact that this guy was apparently able to stay in Taiwan for so long while not exactly keeping a low profile is a bit embarrassing for Taiwan.

6 Likes

So the publicly disgraceful behavior of a few individuals will not shape people’s perception of that group? You haven’t been in Taiwan very long have you?..LOL

2 Likes

Anywhere very long?

1 Like

I guess not long enough to meet people who think this way. Or, frankly, to care about the people who do.

So a couple of hillbilly country boys shoot dead an unarmed black man. That won’t shape people’s perceptions of hillbilly country people? Got it. Thanks for the clarification. Have a nice day.

Huh? We were talking about perception of foreigners in Taiwan. Not Americans within the USA.

Have a splendid day.

Let’s just stop trusting Spanish DJs in Taiwan for a few weeks.

2 Likes

Take with large pinch of salt since no source.

Hey I likes me both kinds of music, country and western.

1 Like

I’ve always thought Spanish DJs were shifty characters, and this story basically confirms my suspicions. We need to thank the K-man for his groundbreaking journalism.

4 Likes

Infuriated, he savagely beat the man and was later sentenced to 20 days in prison for assault, according to the report.

Barely worth doing the paperwork for this ‘sentence’?

Shocking right?? 20 days in prison? Or jail ? Is there a different in tw?

How was he a legal resident? Im curious what his visa was?
If he was illegall how does he continue to reside after beatin a guy franking his gf?

Im baffled about tw government or police with this story especially as it gives foreigners a bad name.

And im confused they dont extradite but they then did? Did i read that wrong?

2 Likes

It’s not unreasonable to think that, given his curriculum in Italy and the fact that he was working at nightclubs, he might have made connections with some 大哥 who could get him in touch with a good lawyer / bribe some policeman into giving him a slap on the wrist.

Actually he probably paid some money to the guy he beat up as part of the sentence ?