Global MBA Workload

Hi all,

I’ve been accepted for the Global MBA at NTU starting later this year. As scholarship plans have fallen by the wayside I will need to pick up some part time work whilst in Taipei to pay my way.

I am wondering if anyone can give me any advice on how heavy the workload is on this program. I can see that the semesters are long (lots of weeks) I’d like to know how intensive the workload is during term time. I.e. will I be able to work 10 - 12 hours each week and study.

Many thanks in advance,

Adso.

Yeah… I hear ya on the scholarship going to the wayside.

I’m going to NTU this September, too. :slight_smile:

I’m also interested in this program later. Also curious about the workload.

Hiya,
Guess you could find some of your senior at NTU GMBA in this old thread!
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=76071&start=30

Hi Kai - congrats on getting accepted - I only found out today :slight_smile:

If you can give any updates on my question would be appreciated.

Hopefully see u in September

Guys, remember that on a student visa you cannot work legally, and if they catch you, you’ll be kicked out so fast… You don’t want that kind of stress on top of finals/term paper/grouyp presentation.

The best thing to do is find a job here and study on the side. Find a job that fits your study schedule. You may not be able to take a full courseload, say you’ll take three or four courses instead of 5- but at least you’ll be practicing more Chinese, have more disposable income, and more practical knowledge to enrich your class participation.

My :2cents: based on my personal experience as non-scholarship student/worker.

Actually it is possible for students to get a part-time work permit based on their student status, to work while they study. However, it is illegal to work until the formal application process for this part-time work permit has been completed and approved. Inquire at your school.

And remember you must keep a high point average or you will lose that privilege. Do not count entirely on this option, have a backup, too.